At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we're unlocking the power of educator-created content. TpT gives educators access to a trusted, one-of-a-kind community. We are the world's first marketplace of our kind and founded by a teacher, for teachers as the go-to platform for teacher-created content for nearly 15 years. We are currently serving more than 7.5 million users and more than 85% of U.S. teachers. TpT is focused on building the next generation of e-learning experiences for millions of students and teachers across the world. If you haven't heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just ask any teacher!
About the Team:
The Analytics team at TpT blends quantitative data and generalist knowledge gained from close partnerships with product managers and functional team leads (e.g., growth marketing manager) to drive decision making, understand TpT's business and products, produce solutions, surface opportunities, and develop the data culture at TpT. Between running org-wide data trainings, collaborating with product, marketing, and sales teams, supporting senior leadership and our board of directors, and contributing to cross-functional exploratory work with the design, data science, and content teams, the Analytics team has unique exposure to the full org and a high level of leadership visibility. You'll work through the full analytics stack, from building models on top of raw data in our database to performing ad hoc and exploratory analyses to delivering compelling data stories that influence decision making.
As a Data Analyst, you will provide quantitative data to advance decision making, support the adoption of business intelligence and analytics tools across teams, foster a culture of insightful analysis and crisp reporting, and become a trusted business partner within the organization.
- Understand, retrieve, clean, manipulate and explore large sets of data from multiple data sources
- Synthesize and analyze data to understand trends and behavior
- Develop a strong understanding of the business and its products
- Generate actionable insights to support decision-making across the organization
- Translate business issues into testable hypotheses with defined success metrics
- Present and communicate data and insights in understandable and effective ways
- Build and manage dashboards and reporting solutions
- Inform KPI setting and enable KPI tracking
- Ask good questions
- Educate other teams on analysis best practices and how to self-serve data needs
- Work cross-functionally as a trusted partner
- Help other teams size business opportunities to prioritize work
- Partner with Data Engineering to ensure data availability and cleanliness
- 1+ years of analytics experience at a software technology company
- Experience designing and executing analyses
- Ability to visualize data in additive ways that improve comprehension
- Comfortable with SQL and large, complex relational databases (both transactional and analytical)
- Outstanding communications skills, including the ability to speak clearly to technical and nontechnical audiences, present insights to groups, and write clearly
- Experience in creating, optimizing, and automating reports and dashboards
- Experience with an online marketplace, e-commerce business, subscription business, or digital CMS product
- Experience with attribution modeling
- Experience with our BI tech stack: BigQuery, Looker, Heap, Optimizely
- Experience with Python, and R
- Statistical skills (e.g., confidence intervals and forecasting)
- Experience with ML
Benefits & Perks:
At TpT, we believe the positive experience of employees is essential to growth, both individually and collectively. To achieve our mission of ‘Empowering Educators to Teach at Their Best,’ we must also empower the members of our TpT Team to work at their best. To that end, two of our core company values are “We Learn and Grow Together” and “We Enjoy the Journey.” We’ve committed to these values and to our employees through investing in added benefits and perks:
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision & Dental Benefits
- Free Telemedicine Membership - 24/7 access to trusted medical advisors
- Generous PTO and Wellness Days
- 5 Week “Recharge Leave” after 5 Years, to refresh and celebrate the impact you’ve had at TpT
- Generous Parental Leave (for new parents) for time to adjust to parenthood, plus additional six weeks for the birth parent
- Onsite Mother’s Room
- ‘Employee Resource Groups’ (ERGs) to promote employee inclusivity and belonging
- Engineering Learning Fridays (ELF), to provide a space each week for Engineering teams to collaborate and learn from each other
- ‘Professional Development’ Stipend, to support the professional growth of employees (including - but not limited to - subscriptions, books, lectures, etc.)
- Annual Company Events (Camp TpT, Field Day, Hackathons, Holiday Party, Summer Picnic, Classroom Visits, etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized and celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Finally, if you’re a California resident, California law requires that we provide you notice about the collection and use of your personal information. We encourage you to read it carefully. You can find our full notice here.