At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we're unlocking the power of educator-created content. TpT gives educators access to a trusted, one-of-a-kind community. We are the world's first marketplace of our kind and founded by a teacher, for teachers as the go-to platform for teacher-created content for nearly 15 years. We are currently serving more than 7.5 million users and more than 85% of U.S. teachers. TpT is focused on building the next generation of e-learning experiences for millions of students and teachers across the world. If you haven't heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just ask any teacher!
As a software engineer, you will collaborate on an engineering team to deliver iterative value to our users while building on top of a sound technical foundation. You will work closely with cross-functional partners to use data to uncover and execute on new opportunities. You will help the team identify and take action on process improvements that allow it to accomplish its goals more efficiently and with improving quality. Finally, you’ll be asked to take on progressively more responsibilities to lead major projects and initiatives, working across teams and functions to deliver on goals.
- Drive delivery of high-quality product and feature work by collaborating with cross-functional leads (product, design, user research, marketing) to define, scope and prioritize upcoming projects
- Own the implementation and delivery of engineering priorities on the team through direct contributions as well as through code reviews, pairing and other practices
- Support building a healthy, inclusive team culture that emphasizes continuous learning, mentorship, and empowerment
- Experience with a least one part of the application stack (frontend or backend) and a demonstrated ability to understand and help drive systems-level architectural decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication that is effective both amongst engineers and cross-functionally to help resolve ambiguity and make effective decisions
- Able to learn and provide effective feedback to peers working on a wide breadth of technologies
- Possesses empathy for users and curiosity about the business and user goals of technology that you are building
- Bonus points for experience with React, GraphQL, TypeScript, Apollo, Serverless, and OAuth
Benefits & Perks:
At TpT, we believe the positive experience of employees is essential to growth, both individually and collectively. To achieve our mission of ‘Empowering Educators to Teach at Their Best,’ we must also empower the members of our TpT Team to work at their best. To that end, two of our core company values are “We Learn and Grow Together” and “We Enjoy the Journey.” We’ve committed to these values and to our employees through investing in added benefits and perks:
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision & Dental Benefits
- Free Telemedicine Membership - 24/7 access to trusted medical advisors
- Generous PTO (20 days) and Wellness Days (7 days)
- 5 Week “Recharge Leave” after 5 Years, to refresh and celebrate the impact you’ve had at TpT
- Generous Parental Leave for new parents (12 weeks) for time to adjust to parenthood, plus additional six weeks for the birth parent
- Onsite Parent’s Room
- ‘Employee Resource Groups’ (ERGs) to promote employee inclusivity and belonging
- Engineering Learning Fridays (ELF), to provide a space each week for Engineering teams to collaborate and learn from each other
- ‘Professional Development’ Stipend, to support the professional growth of employees (including - but not limited to - subscriptions, books, lectures, etc.)
- Annual Company Events (Camp TpT, Field Day, Hackathons, Holiday Party, Summer Picnic, Classroom Visits, etc.)
Focused on building our new subscription platform (TpT School Access) bringing the power of TpT to schools around the world. You’ll work full-stack on a new product surface using service-oriented architecture to solve big challenges and build great user experiences with onboarding, reporting, and integrations with Learning Management Systems (LMS).
Focused on building the next generation learning experiences for the millions of teachers and students that rely on our platform. You’ll build tools that allow teachers to easily distribute assignments that let students complete their work, submit it, and receive feedback on their devices. In the process, these tools will help teachers engage their students and understand the progress they’re making in their learning.
Marketplace Engineering team
Focused on building the core TpT experience where teachers come to explore and download resources to use in their classrooms. You’ll work full-stack to build new features that enhance our user’s experience with search and discovery, creating and evaluating resources, and educating users about new product offerings.
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized and celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Finally, if you’re a California resident, California law requires that we provide you notice about the collection and use of your personal information. We encourage you to read it carefully. You can find our full notice here.