At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we're unlocking the power of educator-created content. TpT gives educators access to a trusted, one-of-a-kind community. We are the world's first marketplace of our kind and founded by a teacher, for teachers as the go-to platform for teacher-created content for nearly 15 years. We are currently serving more than 7.5 million users and more than 85% of U.S. teachers. TpT is focused on building the next generation of e-learning experiences for millions of students and teachers across the world. If you haven't heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just ask any teacher!
Who we are looking for:
We’re a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.
The Developer Tools Team:
The Developer Tools team at TpT is focused on enabling our engineers to develop and ship products quickly and reliably so they can meet the needs of our TpT community. As a part of this team you will build tools and provide solutions to continuously improve the developer experience at TpT including working on continuous integration & continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines, internal CLI tooling, testing infrastructure, and development environments. The team is always on the hunt for improvements to our developers’ workflows, and members of the team are in constant communication with the rest of the engineering organization.
As a senior software engineer on the Developer Tools team, you will lead major projects and initiatives that improve our ability to deliver iterative value to our users. In addition to being a prolific contributor yourself, you will spend time unblocking and upleveling our engineering teams through mentorship and pairing. You’ll also work with the team to propose and champion improvements to our software development life cycle that save time and raise the bar for technical quality. Finally, you’ll be expected to experiment with tools and technologies that impact our ability to develop, test, and deploy.
- Drive delivery of high quality and scalable tooling and infrastructure by working cross-functionally to define, scope and prioritize projects.
- Provide technical oversight to the breadth of engineering work on the team, participating directly in implementation as required.
- Support a culture of continuous iteration and learning both on the product and team processes.
- Encourage and exemplify exceptional communication and collaboration on the team and cross-functionally. Leverage these practices to help the team resolve ambiguity and make effective decisions.
- Effectively scale yourself by mentoring junior team members to deliver high quality code while providing oversight and direction.
Qualities of a successful candidate:
- Strong technical track record, with deep knowledge in at least one part of the developer experience domain and a demonstrated ability to drive systems-level decisions across the stack.
- Familiarity with building CI/CD pipelines
- Deep technical curiosity to learn and fill gaps in knowledge about systems you are responsible for. Able to learn and provide effective feedback to peers working on a wide breadth of technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication that is effective both amongst engineers and cross-functionally.
- 4+ years of experience in development at scale, with clear examples of leading large, complex projects.
Benefits & Perks:
At TpT, we believe the positive experience of employees is essential to growth, both individually and collectively. To achieve our mission of ‘Empowering Educators to Teach at Their Best,’ we must also empower the members of our TpT Team to work at their best. To that end, two of our core company values are “We Learn and Grow Together” and “We Enjoy the Journey.” We’ve committed to these values and to our employees through investing in added benefits and perks:
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision & Dental Benefits
- Free Telemedicine Membership - 24/7 access to trusted medical advisors
- Generous PTO and Wellness Days
- 5 Week “Recharge Leave” after 5 Years, to refresh and celebrate the impact you’ve had at TpT
- Generous Parental Leave (for new parents) for time to adjust to parenthood, plus additional six weeks for the birth parent
- Onsite Mother’s Room
- ‘Employee Resource Groups’ (ERGs) to promote employee inclusivity and belonging
- Engineering Learning Fridays (ELF), to provide a space each week for Engineering teams to collaborate and learn from each other
- ‘Professional Development’ Stipend, to support the professional growth of employees (including - but not limited to - subscriptions, books, lectures, etc.)
- Annual Company Events (Camp TpT, Field Day, Hackathons, Holiday Party, Summer Picnic, Classroom Visits, etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized and celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Finally, if you’re a California resident, California law requires that we provide you notice about the collection and use of your personal information. We encourage you to read it carefully. You can find our full notice here.