At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we’re unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 3 out of 4 teachers in the U.S., Canada, and Australia come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, and rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into a massive online marketplace where teachers have created 4 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than six million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, and parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. According to Fast Company, Teachers Pay Teachers is one of the top 50 Most Innovative Companies in the world! If you haven’t heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just ask a teacher.
Who we are looking for
We’re a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.
As a member of our Marketplace Integrity team, you will preserve and protect our marketplace and community with objective policy enforcement, thoughtful community support and education, and implementation of systems designed to swiftly and proactively address risks to our brand and community.
- Respond to customer concerns regarding a wide range of topics related to TpT’s site policies, including intellectual property, offensive content, and concerns around fraudulent activity.
- Main responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing and taking enforcement actions on content flagged as violating TpT’s inappropriate content policies.
- Timely processing of DMCA takedown notices.
- Investigating customer claims of fraudulent activity and supporting the Team Lead to resolve large scale incidents of fraud
- Supporting the MI Team Lead in proactive monitoring of fraudulent activity.
- Responding to all other customer concerns across the MI intake channels.
- Additional responsibilities include:
- Identifying and escalating novel MI concerns to the MI Team lead for resolution.
- Support the maintenance of the TpT policy library by identifying policies in need of updates or new areas for policy development.
- Support the MI Team Lead in identifying and implementing internal process improvements.
Qualities for a successful candidate:
- Believes in our mission to connect and empower teachers
- A level-headed approach to policy enforcement and able to apply policy objectively
- Creative problem-solver willing and able to do whatever it takes to quickly and efficiently investigate and help resolve customer concerns.
- Proven ability to manage detail-oriented issues in a fast-paced environment, and a true commitment to preserving the integrity of our marketplace.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Track record of operating independently and collaboratively
- Self-starter who takes initiative and is able to work independently
- Believes that no job is too big or small and is willing to go the extra mile to get the job done well.
- 1-3 years of experience
- BA/BS required
- Relevant experience in website policy enforcement, fraud investigation, risk management, and/or e-commerce
- Teaching or education experience
- Parental leave for both mothers and fathers to be able to take some quality time in bonding with their new addition to their family
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental Benefits
- Mother’s Room
- Quiet Room
- Company Events (Bring Your Child to Work Day, Field Day, Camp TpT, Hackathons etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized and celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.