At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we’re unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 2 out of 3 teachers in the U.S., Canada, and Australia come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, and rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into a massive marketplace where teachers have created more than 3 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than five million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, and parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. According to Fast Company, Teachers Pay Teachers is one of the top 50 Most Innovative Companies in the world! If you haven’t heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just ask a teacher. Two out of three teachers currently use TpT.
Who we are looking for
We’re a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.
As the Finance & Business Development Manager, you will be working on strategic and financial projects that combine analytical rigor with the need to build and maintain strong relationships. A passion for technology, exceptional work ethic, and team-oriented mentality is essential for this high impact role.
- Develop a detailed budget and forecast models to drive strategic decision-making and financial planning including the annual budget, monthly and quarterly rolling forecasts, and multi-year financial forecasts.
- Deliver monthly financial reporting that includes analysis, key operating metrics, and explanations of variances and trends; surface actionable insights.
- Perform competitive and industry analyses to help position the company for growth opportunities.
- Build and maintain relationships with key industry partners.
- Source, negotiate, and execute partnerships and transactions.
- Support 409A valuation process.
- Ensure integrity and timely execution of all internal, executive, board and investor financial reporting.
- Complete ad hoc business projects as directed.
- BA/BS degree
- Major in finance, accounting, and/or economics preferred
- 7+ years of experience in analytical roles, such as corporate finance, investment banking, private equity, venture capital, and management consulting/business development; experience with fast growing companies is a plus
- Deep understanding of consumer-facing businesses in general, and e-commerce or marketplaces in particular
- Proficiency in Excel modeling
- Strong knowledge of GAAP accounting and financial reporting
- Excellent end to end project management/execution and relationship skills