At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we’re unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 2 out of 3 teachers in the U.S., Canada, and Australia come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, and rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into a massive marketplace where teachers have created more than 3 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than five million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, and parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. According to Fast Company, Teachers Pay Teachers is one of the top 50 Most Innovative Companies in the world! If you haven’t heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just ask a teacher. Two out of three teachers currently use TpT.
The Web Platform Team is responsible for determining and supporting how product teams build the TpT front-ends. Engineers on Web Platform work across our front-end and Node.js stack, supporting core UI components, SSR techniques, CDN infrastructure, and general development workflows and tooling.
As a Web Platform Engineer at TpT, you will build the infrastructure that supports all front-end product development. Web Platform is responsible for the health of the TpT websites, from web performance and scalability, to security and anti-fraud protection. We work to make it as easy and effective as possible for our product engineers to build and improve the TpT marketplace.
Qualities for a successful candidate:
- Experience with tuning front-end performance and delivery
- Experience with unit, integration and end-to-end testing
- Have well-formed opinions on quality, maintainability, and scalability of technical systems
- Interest in supporting engineers to enable working in a fast paced tech and product oriented company
- Experience with a modern front-end framework
- Be endlessly curious
- Taking an iterative approach to improvement – favoring data over hunches (and yet hunches over unambitious options)
Extra Credit for:
- React and Node.js experience strongly preferred
- Experience with service oriented architectures
- OSS Contributor
- Knowledge of Marketplaces, or Ed-Tech
- Ability to mentor and guide colleagues
- Computer Science degree is a plus
- Parental leave for both mothers and fathers to be able to take some quality time in bonding with their new addition to their family
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental Benefits
- Mother’s Room
- Quiet Room
- Company Events (Bring Your Child to Work Day, Field Day, Camp TpT, Hackathons etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized and celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.