We’re Teachable, and we help people teach online. In fact, our technology helps thousands of people teach online. Our software makes it ridiculously easy to create a beautiful online school so that you can teach online courses without having to deal with the technical headaches. If this resonates with you and you want to be a part of our mission to inspire people all over the world to teach what they love, we want YOU to apply to be a part of our team.
- Ownership of training materials (includes both online training videos and in-person training materials)
- Develop engaging training materials for new Customer Educators and continuing education training materials for veteran members of the Customer Operations team
- Oversee and identify learning opportunities for training team members at large (i.e. those who are not on the Customer Operations team)
- Develop training materials for team members at large, ensuring that they are armed with the skills and knowledge required to answer customer inquiries
- Manage the creation of training materials for team-led training, webinars, and videos for in-house and external team members throughout the United States and (potentially) abroad.
- Identify methods to continually improve upon training materials and processes
- Update training materials to reflect platform changes
- Ensure that training videos are edited and updated on a regular basis
- Lead training for Customer Operations team, new and current
- Coordinate schedule of locations, dates, and times for training
- Lead all training sessions for new Customer Educators
- Responsible for training feedback loops
- Create process for collecting feedback from trainees to continuously identify opportunities for improvement
- Build tracking and performance management systems for use in forecasting future training strategy and delivery
- Manage and monitor trainee performance and identify areas where ongoing training is needed
- Improve efficacy and efficiency of Customer Educator training
- Develop training to enhance Customer Educator product and process knowledge, increase customer satisfaction ratings, and reduce onboarding time for new Customer Educators
- Minimum of 2 years in a training or customer service management role
- Experience leading teams and managing performance and career development of team members
- Experience with instructional design and data mining/reporting
- Ideally, you should have above average technical proficiency and can easily explain somewhat advanced concepts to folks who have little experience working with a SaaS. You may even have a site of your own on WordPress, Shopify, Squarespace, etc.
- Experience at a startup preferred (but not required)
- A passion for training and development
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- The customer care “gene” - a willingness to understand, empathize and assist
- Attention to detail and strong problem solving skills
- Experience creating original content in a professional environment (ideally training content)
- Public speaking and presentation experience
- Proficient with PowerPoint, Keynote, Google Slides, or other presentation software
- Ability to quickly learn and adjust to changes in a fast-paced environment
- Willing to travel up to 30% of the time to conduct trainings in future satellite locations
Now here are some of the perks...
- Location: Our beautiful office is currently located in Union Square. It’s impossible to not be excited by the energy around the office.
- Start up culture: We’re a venture-backed startup and things are getting real. We’re growing fast. Every week is different. There are new challenges, new things to celebrate and new problems to solve. We’re never bored, and you won’t be either.
- Impact: This is a magical time in our company. We’re still early enough that you’ll have a huge impact on our success. But we’re also starting to grow very fast. This is an inflection point for the company, and you’ll be joining at the perfect time fulfilling a critical function.
- Meet fascinating people: There are some incredibly influential people teaching online courses with Teachable. We’re talking famous speakers, authors, celebrities, journalists, personalities and entrepreneurs. You’ll be a part of a team that helps these people to build their brand.
- Comp: Competitive pay, equity, flexible vacation and health benefits to name a few.