At Teachable, we’re looking for an Internal Tools Engineer to join our fast-growing engineering team, where we believe that great teams thrive on great tools. As an Internal Tools Engineer at Teachable, you’ll improve the jobs of everyone around you, increasing the stability and efficiency of team workflows and allowing us to serve our customers smarter and faster.
Teachable is looking for an engineer to help manage our internal staff application and other tools that enable teams across the company to run more efficiently and troubleshoot instructor accounts. Our platform supports thousands of instructors and millions of students, so there is no shortage of challenges to tackle—but that's what keeps things interesting.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Working between teams—mainly Customer Care and Engineering teams—helping the organization be as productive as possible.
- Building on our internal staff application in a way that tackles the specific needs of the organization.
- Identifying Customer Care’s needs when assisting customers and iterating quickly to figure out what tools they need to be productive and help our instructors succeed.
- Equipping us with the tools we need to grow and improve the product and support experience for thousands of online instructors and millions of students.
- Automating common workflows and defining + building other improvements to make the company more efficient.
Who You Are
- Engineer with experience working with Ruby on Rails
- Team player—you believe that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts, and gain satisfaction when our teams are productive
- Problem solver: you enjoy finding solutions and taking on a project others have put on the back burner doesn’t scare you
- 2+ years experience as a software engineer
- Have taught a course using Teachable
- Previous startup experience
- Experience working closely with a customer support team or related
- Typescript, PostgreSQL, Webpack, and ElasticSearch experience
- Familiarity with the following tools (and their APIs): Zendesk, Zapier, Confluence, Trello, and email service providers.
Teachable is an instructor-focused online course platform which lets anyone monetize their expertise across a wide range of topics, from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. We’ve had triple-digit YOY growth, and our thousands of instructors have earned more than $100M to date. We’ve also raised $8.5M from a group of top venture investors.
At Teachable, you will have the freedom to do your job and will be an integral member of our tight-knit team. If you want to do something you believe will help us grow, you don’t need to ask a hundred people for permission. And you can do it all in our beautiful office just west of Union Square, with great benefits and perks.
You’ll also get access to an ever-growing base of online educators, and your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Perks and Benefits
- Flexible work hours and ability to work from home
- Discretionary vacation & time off; highly competitive parental leave
- Competitive salary and comprehensive health benefits
- Employee 401(k) with match
- Company activities and outings
- Beautiful office near Union Square, your own standing desk or other workspace
- Gym / wellness match benefit
- Tax-free commuter benefits
- Employee discounts