We’re looking for an experienced affiliate manager to grow our affiliate program revenue and improve operations around our marketing promotion. Must be live in or be willing to relocate to NYC.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Developing the strategy for growing revenue generated from our affiliate program
- Building and maintaining relationships with affiliates
- Growing the total number of successful affiliates on the platform
- Managing our entire affiliate software, GetAmbassador, from end to end
- Making sure affiliates are paid out on time and accurately.
- Working with the marketing team to develop regular promotions for our affiliates, and...
- Generally owning all operations/quality assurance related to executing Teachable’s marketing promotions and events
- Coordinating with our designers and front-end developers to create landing pages/assets for affiliate promotions
- Working with our paid acquisition manager to promote our affiliate program
- Working closely with our Partnerships Lead to empower affiliates to promote our large online events, summits and webinars.
- Making sure that all of our affiliate promotions and partner promotions are executed properly, to minimize mistakes so that the events go off without a hitch
- Moving large affiliates down a funnel to promoting us in a variety of ways
But ultimately, the main metric you’ll be responsible for is growing the total revenue generated by our affiliate program. Your role will be to make it as easy (and financially beneficial as possible) for our affiliates to promote Teachable.
We’re not just looking for an “affiliate manager” —we want someone with a marketing brain who understands marketing funnels and what motivates affiliates. When it comes down to it, you’ll really be running a business within our business, with real responsibility.
Who You Are
- You have experience managing an affiliate program (Maybe even in the SaaS space, but that’s just a nice to have.)
- You’ve been responsible for managing affiliate payouts before -- and making sure they get paid out accurate amounts, and on time.
- You have serious marketing chops. You understand marketing funnels, conversion rates, EPC, etc.
- You’re the type of person who loves working across teams. You’ll need to coordinate with our designers, front-end team, copywriters and engineering team all the time.
- You are insanely organized. There are A LOT of moving parts in an affiliate program.
- You’re metrics-driven. You’ll be responsible for helping us hit a revenue target. Think of yourself as the CEO of our affiliate program.
- You love people. You’ll be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with hundreds (if not thousands) of influencers and affiliates.
- 2 to 5 years of experience managing another affiliate program
- An deep understanding of blogging, online marketing, and online course space
- A proven record of working well with a team of other marketers, plus designers, developers, etc. to GSD
- Ability to understand and utilize the technological components underlying the affiliate program and communicate with engineers about potential changes to that technology. We won't ask you to code anything, but we'll need you to be able to understand what the code is doing, when an affiliate complaint is likely to be something code related, and what changes may be necessary.
Teachable is an instructor-focused online course platform which lets course creators build and sell courses on any topic, from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Our thousands of instructors have earned more than $35M, and we have grown 5x in the past year with a 7-figure run rate. We’ve also raised $8.5M from a group of top venture investors.
At Teachable, you will have the freedom to do your job and will be an integral member of our tight-knit team. If you want to do something you believe will help us grow, you don’t need to ask a hundred people for permission. And you can do it all in our beautiful office in Flatiron, with great benefits and perks.
You’ll also get access to an ever-growing base of online educators, and your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Perks and Benefits
- Flexible work hours and ability to work from home
- Competitive salary and comprehensive health benefits (for individuals and families)
- Discretionary vacation & time off; competitive parental leave
- Company activities and outings
- Beautiful office near Union Square, your own standing desk or other workspace
- Tax-free commuter benefits
- Employee discounts
- Gym or wellness match benefit