Major League Baseball and Tickets.com are changing the landscape of the live sports and entertainment industry. The vision of MLB’s Ballpark Experience & Ticketing team is to merge the physical and digital worlds for fans attending baseball games by creating a magical experience that is easy, fun, and personalized and fosters lifelong memories. The Ballpark App is MLB’s official mobile application for all 30 baseball Clubs and baseball fans attending games at ballparks across North America. The Ballpark App integrates with two ticketing systems - MLB-owned Tickets.com, servicing 21 baseball Clubs, and Ticketmaster for the remaining 9 Clubs. Tickets.com provides technology solutions with a focus on innovative and modern ticketing technology.
As Senior Product Manager for the Ballpark Experience & Ticketing team, you will be a part of a cross-functional product team composed of members from both Tickets.com and MLB. You will work closely with MLB and MiLB Clubs, Tickets.com non-baseball clients, internal business stakeholders, and cross-functional teams, including software engineering, quality assurance, design and user research, marketing, and content to deliver an outstanding end-to-end ballpark and ticketing experience for 70M+ baseball fans experiencing the game of baseball. You will be a member of a high-performing product management team delivering cutting edge technology solutions with a simple and delightful UX. You will assist in the alignment of an ambitious and evolving Product Roadmap to position MLB, the Ballpark App, and the Tickets.com ticketing system as the market leaders in live event experiences.
In order to be successful, you will need to develop a deep understanding of customer and market needs, competitor landscape, and emerging industry trends and be able to influence business stakeholders across multiple business areas and regions.
- Collaborate and execute on a focused, fan-obsessed, metrics-driven product roadmap that delivers on MLB’s and Tickets.com’s strategic objectives and aligns with a long-term vision.
- Create written product requirements and user stories for projects as assigned.
- Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources and reconcile conflicts.
- Make product and process improvements that are designed to deliver amazing customer experiences.
- Leverage a data analytics framework to optimize decisions.
- Represent the Ballpark Experience & Ticketing product team for key customers and internal stakeholders.
- Work tightly with engineering teams to ensure successful delivery of product objectives.
- Communicate complex results to all types of functions and levels within the organization.
- Decisively and effectively prioritize.
- Be knowledgeable about sports/event industry trends and use this knowledge to drive solutions for our product and our portfolio.
- Proven track record of releasing high quality, innovative products in Enterprise SaaS.
- Expert level understanding of both product design, product management, and product development processes.
- 5+ years in product management and software development
- Experience with agile development processes, with a focus on balancing analytics, customer feedback, and vision to make sound product decisions.
- Ability to prioritize across competing goals and make necessary tradeoffs to achieve optimal product outcomes.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to perform well in a distributed work environment.
- BS in a relevant field or equivalent training or experience.
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Strong skills in data analysis and interpretation.
- Interest in or passion for baseball, technology, and innovation.
- Proven ability to balance calculated risk taking with pragmatism.
- Prior experience with Ticketing, Loyalty, and/or eCommerce systems a plus.
- You operate in fast-paced environments but can use processes to bring efficiency.
- You like and empathize with people.
- You possess high emotional intelligence with an ability to work across departments to achieve alignment.
- You bring a positive “can-do” attitude to any challenges.
- Your customers love the products and features that you have launched.
- You are an analytical thinker - you know when to leverage data to make decisions to improve the customer experience.
- You are a believer in product-led growth, and can craft delightful experiences that deliver value to your users.