We bring out the best in business. From early-stage startups to seasoned companies, we work hard to give businesses a brighter future. Working with entrepreneurs and companies to fund, evaluate, validate, build and scale startups and ventures.
TCap is growing, and we’re looking for self-starters to join our team. Based in Vancouver, Canada, we are founders at heart and look for people with the same entrepreneurial drive to support TCap’s portfolio of exciting startups and companies.
Do you like to take the initiative, serve and connect with others, thrive when there are multiple things on the go, and put your ideas into action in a collaborative environment? Join our team!
People Operations Administrator
Vancouver, BC | Full-time | Hybrid (Office & Remote)
We are people-first. Our team supports several businesses under the TCap portfolio where no two days are the same. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional service to the teams we support and consistently balancing precision with flexibility.
We are looking for a dynamic People Operations Administrator to join our growing team. In this role you will be responsible for optimizing the HR administration within the organization by ensuring all documentation, processing, and communication is clear and efficient. You will also support our team as a central source of information for employees.
What you’ll be doing
- Provide an efficient, effective, consistent & client focused HR administration & support service throughout the organisation
- Ensure correct record-keeping of employee information & HR documents (employment records, onboarding guide, etc.)
- Prepare letters or documents for employees as requested
- Manage bi-weekly payroll communication and processing with our outsourced partner, Pivotal
- Produce regular reporting for the Finance team including headcount report, vacation balance, etc.
- Manage employee information when it comes to benefits, time, attendance & payroll
- Plan, manage & execute the day-to-day operations of employee benefits program and liaise with the service provider to ensure excellent service delivery and make recommendations as required
- Provide support to employees on benefits-related queries & guide them to optimise the benefits plan
- Administer and distribute rewards for employee milestones including anniversaries, birthdays, recognition
- Maintain an efficient filing system with appropriate naming & categorisation of documents
- Optimise the HR Admin functions by ensuring that all employees receive proper guidance on how to follow official processes, procedures & protocols
What we’re looking for
- You have experience in a similar role
- You have experience using HR software (HRIS or HRMS)
- You are clear & articulate with written and verbal communication
- You have experience working at both start-ups and large corporations
- You have a keen eye for the details
- You lead with integrity & professionalism
- You are great at utilising Microsoft Office & Google Workspace
What you can expect from us
- Competitive salary and an amazing benefits plan (including RRSP matching and a wellness allowance)
- A beautiful, Gastown office and a flexible hybrid workplace plan
- A dynamic environment with opportunities to learn across a variety of industries and backgrounds with partners who align with our values
- Growth culture with many opportunities to develop both personally and professionally
- Fun and collaborative work environment with a focus on growth
Collectively, we are committed to cultivating and preserving an environment of inclusion and connectedness. Our team’s strength is in the sum of our diversity of thought, self-expression, innovation, life experiences, knowledge, and talent.
In hiring our team at Tcap, we welcome the unique contributions that candidates can bring in terms of education, opinions, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We value the perspectives and leadership of people who have been historically and systemically marginalised. TCap is an equal opportunity employer, and we particularly encourage applications from individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply for this role. If you require special accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.