We bring out the best in business. From early-stage startups to seasoned companies, we work hard to give businesses a brighter future. Working with entrepreneurs and companies to fund, evaluate, validate, build and scale startups and ventures.
TCap is growing, and we’re looking for self-starters to join our team. Based in Vancouver, Canada, we are founders at heart and look for people with the same entrepreneurial drive to support TCap’s portfolio of exciting startups and companies.
Do you like to take the initiative, serve and connect with others, thrive when there are multiple things on the go, and put your ideas into action in a collaborative environment? Join our team!
Vancouver, BC | Full-time | Hybrid (Office & Remote)
We are people-first. Our team supports several businesses under the TCap portfolio where no two days are the same. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional service to the teams we support and consistently balancing precision with flexibility.
We are looking for a dynamic Legal Assistant to join our growing team. In this role you will be responsible for providing legal administrative support to the Executive team, Finance, People Operations and Marketing departments while working closely with our legal counsel and engaging them when/as needed.
What you’ll be doing
- Provide ongoing general support across the business with corporate and business transactions
- Actively work with the Finance team to support with mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, debt and equity financing
- Track, maintain, and manage renewals of IPs & Trademarks involving external parties
- Work closely with the Legal Counsels & Executive Team to provide assistance regarding annual corporate paperwork, contracts, agreements, SOWs, licences, approvals, permits & disclosures across the portfolio
- Coordinate with external & internal parties to ensure timely renewals of insurances relating to property, general liability and workers compensation insurance
- Maintain & track property leases and their timely renewals, while engaging with the external parties to get the paperwork renewed
- Manage corporate registrations, reports, licences and tax certificates when required, while coordinating with external parties
What we’re looking for
- You have experience in a similar role (minimum 3 years)
- You are a great reader, writer and a researcher
- You are clear & articulate with written and verbal communication
- You have experience working with the Executives at both start-ups and large corporations
- You are familiar with corporate and business law
- You have a keen eye for the details
- You lead with integrity & professionalism
- You are great at utilising Microsoft Office (Visio, Excel & Word) and Google Workspace
What you can expect from us
- Competitive salary and an amazing benefits plan (including RRSP matching and a wellness allowance)
- A beautiful, Gastown office and a flexible hybrid workplace plan
- A dynamic environment with opportunities to learn across a variety of industries and backgrounds with partners who align with our values
- Growth culture with many opportunities to develop both personally and professionally
- Fun and collaborative work environment with a focus on growth
Collectively, we are committed to cultivating and preserving an environment of inclusion and connectedness. Our team’s strength is in the sum of our diversity of thought, self-expression, innovation, life experiences, knowledge, and talent.
In hiring our team at Tcap, we welcome the unique contributions that candidates can bring in terms of education, opinions, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We value the perspectives and leadership of people who have been historically and systemically marginalised. TCap is an equal opportunity employer, and we particularly encourage applications from individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply for this role. If you require special accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.