We bring out the best in business. From early-stage startups to seasoned companies, we work hard to give businesses a brighter future. Working with entrepreneurs and companies to fund, evaluate, validate, build and scale startups and ventures.
TCap is growing, and we’re looking for self-starters to join our team. Based in Vancouver, Canada, we are founders at heart and look for people with the same entrepreneurial drive to support TCap’s portfolio of exciting startups and companies.
Do you like to take the initiative, serve and connect with others, thrive when there are multiple things on the go, and put your ideas into action in a collaborative environment? Join our team!
Vancouver, BC | Full-time | Hybrid (Office & Remote)
We are people-first. Our team supports several businesses under the TCap portfolio where no two days are the same. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional service to the teams we support and consistently balancing precision with flexibility.
We are looking for a dynamic Staff Accountant to join our growing team. This is an opportunity to support a high-performing team on full-cycle accounting for several companies under TCap’s portfolio. In the role, you’ll process and prepare accurate monthly financial information in a timely manner within predetermined reporting guidelines.
What you’ll be doing
- Enter Accounts Receivable / Accounts Payable / Intercompany invoices, prepare working papers for the accounts and manage customer communications.
- Manage unearned revenues and customer deposits.
- Prepare sales tax returns (GST, PST, various US Sales Tax).
- Prepare bank and credit card reconciliations and correctly record journal entries (includes multi-currency transactions).
- Assist with reporting and variance analysis.
- Identify opportunities to improve procedures and implement them.
- Assist the Finance Team in activities related to month-end, year-end and audit.
- Additional projects as assigned by the Controller.
What we’re looking for
- You have experience in a similar role (minimum 3 years)
- You possess a basic education in Accounting and/or working towards a Designation
- You have a good understanding of accounting concepts and processes in compliance to ASPE reporting standards
- You are great at utilising MS Excel (Pivot Tables, V-lookup & Complex Functions)
- You are clear & articulate with written and verbal communication
- You thrive in a fast paced environment and is a self-starter who is eager to learn and pickup new skills
- You are detail-oriented with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- You are a resourceful person with a can-do attitude who knows where to find answers when the need arises, including the ability to deal with situations where information is complex, ambiguous or difficult to obtain
- You lead with integrity & professionalism
What you can expect from us
- Competitive salary and an amazing benefits plan (including RRSP matching and a wellness allowance)
- A beautiful, Gastown office and a flexible hybrid workplace plan
- A dynamic environment with opportunities to learn across a variety of industries and backgrounds with partners who align with our values
- Growth culture with many opportunities to develop both personally and professionally
- Fun and collaborative work environment with a focus on growth
Collectively, we are committed to cultivating and preserving an environment of inclusion and connectedness. Our team’s strength is in the sum of our diversity of thought, self-expression, innovation, life experiences, knowledge, and talent.
In hiring our team at TCap, we welcome the unique contributions that candidates can bring in terms of education, opinions, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We value the perspectives and leadership of people who have been historically and systemically marginalised. TCap is an equal opportunity employer, and we particularly encourage applications from individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply for this role. If you require special accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.