We bring out the best in business. From early-stage startups to seasoned companies, we work hard to give businesses a brighter future. Working with entrepreneurs and companies to fund, evaluate, validate, build and scale startups and ventures.
TCap is growing, and we’re looking for self-starters to join our team. Based in Vancouver, Canada, we are founders at heart and look for people with the same entrepreneurial drive to support TCap’s portfolio of exciting startups and companies.
Do you like to take the initiative, serve and connect with others, thrive when there are multiple things on the go, and put your ideas into action in a collaborative environment? Join our team!
Vancouver, BC | Full-time | Hybrid (Office & Remote)
We are people-first. Our team supports several businesses under the TCap portfolio where no two days are the same. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional service to the teams we support and consistently balancing precision with flexibility.
We are looking for a dynamic Senior Accountant to join our growing team. This is an opportunity to oversee and run full-cycle accounting activities for several companies under TCap’s portfolio. In the role, you’ll process and prepare accurate monthly financial information in a timely manner within predetermined reporting guidelines.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead a team to ensure reports are delivered accurately and on time.
- Coordinate with the Controller to manage the team’s activities, communicate any issues in advance that can cause deadline delays and assist with removing roadblocks.
- Ability to step in to prepare hands-on journals on any full cycle accounting processes, including A/P, A/R, Payroll to support the team when needed.
- Prepare multi-currency journal entries, intercompany transactions, and FX revaluations.
- Prepare consolidated financials for multi-currency businesses and provide insightful variance analysis.
- Maintain working papers for various Balance Sheet accounts including Unearned Revenue, Fixed Assets, Prepaids, Lease Payment Schedules, Loan Schedules, Tax Accruals, etc
- Review filings for GST/PST returns.
- Design and produce various supplementary reports that assist management with running the businesses (e.g. Cashflow Forecasts, Project Profitability Reports, Utilization Reports, etc.)
- Provide excellent customer service to external and internal partners when gathering information needed to complete Financials and managing partner expectations on deliverables.
- Manage customer or vendor issues when escalated by staff.
- Analyse the accounting process, identify problems or areas for improvement and propose solutions where necessary.
- In this position, you may be responsible for implementing and adhering to approved security controls and procedures in support of the Credit Card Security and Computer Use & Electronic Communications policies.
What we’re looking for
- You have experience in a similar role (minimum 5 years) and within a startup environment
- You possess a CPA Designation
- You have experience working with QuickBooks / Sage Intacct or similar programs
- You have a good understanding of accounting concepts and processes in compliance to ASPE reporting standards
- You are experienced working with multi-currency and multiple entities that have inter-company transactions, and consolidating entities with different base currencies
- You are great at utilising MS Excel (Pivot Tables, V-lookup & Complex Functions)
- You are clear & articulate with written and verbal communication
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You are detail-oriented with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to deal with situations where information is complex, ambiguous or difficult to obtain
- You are a resourceful person with a can-do attitude who knows where to find answers when the need arises
- You lead with integrity & professionalism
What you can expect from us
- Competitive salary and an amazing benefits plan (including RRSP matching and a wellness allowance)
- A beautiful, Gastown office and a flexible hybrid workplace plan
- A dynamic environment with opportunities to learn across a variety of industries and backgrounds with partners who align with our values
- Growth culture with many opportunities to develop both personally and professionally
- Fun and collaborative work environment with a focus on growth
Collectively, we are committed to cultivating and preserving an environment of inclusion and connectedness. Our team’s strength is in the sum of our diversity of thought, self-expression, innovation, life experiences, knowledge, and talent.
In hiring our team at TCap, we welcome the unique contributions that candidates can bring in terms of education, opinions, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We value the perspectives and leadership of people who have been historically and systemically marginalised. TCap is an equal opportunity employer, and we particularly encourage applications from individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply for this role. If you require special accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.