XQ empowers digital privacy for all. Built for the future, XQ protects data no matter where it goes.
Designed to meet today’s need for a lightweight, Internet-scale data protection solution for mobile devices, IoT sensors, and data lakes, XQ is a new security architecture where all data is treated as a message. From regulated enterprises to Smart City operators, XQ provides a crypto-agile, quantum-safe data encryption, routing, and management solution. XQ uses the Zero-Trust security model and is focused on being a leader in the emerging market for highly distributed, internet-scale data protection.
We are increasing in momentum and scale; this is a unique opportunity to join a vibrant and attractive start-up. If you’re excited to join the first company to extend the Zero-Trust Architecture for data protection and the fundamental backbone and services that we believe will drive the future of safe communication, join our team!
Remote in USA or Canada | Full-time
XQ is growing and we’re looking for an experienced and decisive DevOps Engineer who is skilled in building functional systems that will improve the customer experience at XQ. You would be focused on deploying product updates, identifying issues and implementing integrations that meet the needs of XQ’s customers. A commitment to collaborative problem solving and creating efficiencies.
Ultimately, you will execute and automate operational processes fast, accurately and securely.
In this role, you’ll also have the opportunity to talk directly with customers. So not only do you love to write and develop code, but you also have a knack for working with customers and coming up with creative solutions.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate with the team to build enterprise-grade software that is user friendly
- Implement integrations requested by customers
- Deploy updates and fixes and ensure that the software meets prescribed standards
- Securing software to ensure it prevents security breaches and other vulnerabilities
- Build tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience
- Develop software to integrate with internal backend systems
- Investigate and resolve technical issues
- Staying on top of new technology advancements and pitching project ideas to keep up
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
- Work autonomously in a hands-on environment
What we’re looking for:
- Experience as a DevOps or DevSecOps engineer or similar software development role
- Experience at all phases of software development, from conception to extinction
- Familiar with software security methods
- Knowledge of Scala, PHP and/or C
- Customer-oriented who can receive and put into practice constructive feedback
- A versatile person who can pick up new technologies quickly
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
Some of the technologies we use:
- RESTful APIs
- GIT experience
- Modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- NPM and/or Yarn
- You’re a team player and collaborative in nature.
- You’re excellent at managing your time with the ability to meet deadlines.
- You are a clear communicator and great at interacting with multiple stakeholders.
- You come to work without ego and value the opinions of others.