XQ empowers digital privacy for all. We provide secure connected services as the foundation for smart cities. We give people and businesses clarity and control of their data.
XQ is designed to meet today’s need for a lightweight, Internet-scale data protection solution for mobile devices and IoT sensors. XQ is a new security architecture where all data is treated as a Message. From regulated enterprises to Smart City operators, XQ provides a crypto-agile, quantum-safe Data Encryption, Routing, and Management solution. XQ is focused on being a leader in the emerging market for highly distributed, Internet-scale data protection.
As XQ is increasing in momentum and scale, this is a unique opportunity to join a vibrant and attractive start-up. If you’re excited by resilient energy, smart cities, and the fundamental backbone and services that we believe will drive the future of safe communication, join our team!
Remote in USA or Canada | Full-time
To help continue to fuel our growth at XQ, we are looking for an intellectual, introspective, and inquisitive Solutions Architect to expand both our Business Development and Technology teams.
Who you are
You are an experienced engineer with a strong background in sales, developing integrations, consulting with customers to understand their objectives, and leveraging technology to drive business value. You are a critical thinker, with a passion for understanding problems and identifying user needs. You possess an excellent work ethic, are results oriented and skilled in liaising with customers for requirements and aligning customers’ expectations with organizational capabilities. You thrive in a technical and business-oriented position that innovates, designs, and delivers end-to-end solutions to the customer.
What you’ll be doing
Reporting to the CEO, you will be designing effective technical solutions with a sound business vision, enabling, and ensuring our valued customers successfully leverage XQ products. Ideally you are someone who can write code with the best them but also wants to help guide the industry towards XQ’s technology that you believe in. You will be prototyping, developing, and sharing unique tailored solutions via workshops and collateral – both internally and externally. You are the master of analyzing and assessing client requests to define and document detailed scope of work and solution expectations for internal engineering resources.
More about the role
- Lead, evaluate and contribute to our customer’s design efforts and advising customers on topics including vision, strategy, and best practices for deployment of XQ’s product
- Work together with XQ’s Sales organization to own and drive relationships with external technical audiences of all kinds – from engineer to CTO – to understand business objectives and translate requirements into solutions
- Lead whiteboard design sessions with internal and external team members
- Maintain a close working relationship with the customer, as a “trusted advisor”
- Set clear expectations, challenge assumptions, solicit feedback, and take ownership of project deliverables
- Analyze and assess client requests to define and document detailed scope of work and solution
- Thrive in a technical and business-oriented position that innovates, designs, and delivers end-to-end solutions to the customer
What you'll need
- Experience working in the sales lifecycle and driving outcomes in a customer facing environment
- 5+ years of previous experience in a development and consulting role
- A capable engineer, experienced in full stack development and has a background in similar customer facing role (i.e sales engineer or partner engineer)
- A great communicator, comfortable explaining complex concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Interested in solving open ended business problems with a combination of technology and creative thinking
- Thrive in a cross-functional, collaborative environment
- Strong but flexible opinions on best practices for technical operations teams
- Excellent relationship skills and the ability to partner across business units and product team to support delivery of expected outcomes
- Consistent history of business-building successes and passion for results
- Ability to work under tight deadlines while being flexible and responding to changing business and technical conditions
- Ability to quickly define dependencies, issues, and outline mitigation plans against risks
- You are both independently proactive and a team player who is collaborative in nature
- You’re excellent at managing your time with the ability to meet deadlines
- You are a clear communicator and great at interacting with multiple stakeholders
- You come to work without an ego and value the opinions of others
What You’ll Get
- Opportunity to influence and shape a growing start-up
- A fast-paced and energetic work environment with a focus on growth, development, and empowerment
- Competitive salary and perks
Due to government contracts in place at XQ, all applicants must be a citizen of the United States or Canada.