XQ empowers digital privacy for all. We provide secure connected services as the foundation for smart cities. We give people and businesses clarity and control of their data. Find out more here > XQMSG.COM
XQ is designed to meet today’s need for a light-weight, Internet-scale data protection solution for mobile devices and IoT sensors. XQ is a new security architecture where all data is treated as a Message. From regulated enterprises to Smart City operators, XQ provides a crypto-agile, quantum-safe Data Encryption, Routing, and Management solution. XQ is focused on being a leader in the emerging market for highly distributed, Internet-scale data protection.
As XQ is increasing in momentum and scale, this is a unique opportunity to join a vibrant and attractive start-up. If you’re excited by resilient energy, smart cities, and the fundamental backbone and services that we believe will drive the future of safe communication, join our team!
The XQ team is dispersed, yet highly collaborative team, so you have the ability to work from anywhere in the USA or Canada.
Senior Backend Developer · (C, Scala)
Remote in USA or Canada | Full-time
XQ is growing and we’re looking for an experienced Senior Backend Developer who is proficient with C and Scala. You would be focused on developing backend server-side applications. You'll ensure that these components and the overall application are robust and easy to manage. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality products are important aspects of this role.
In this role, you’ll also have the opportunity to talk directly with customers. So not only do you love to write and develop code, but you also have a knack for working with customers and coming up with creative solutions.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working on a variety of technologies and environments including C, Scala, and PHP
- Collaborate with implementation team to ensure customers are set up for success
- Expand XQ’s product offering and uses cases into new customer products and domains
- Design and develop code to enhance user experience and platform stability
- Help build enterprise-grade software that is user friendly
- Work autonomously in a hands-on environment
What we’re looking for:
- A thorough understanding of C and its core principles
- Extensive experience in Scala
- Experience with memory management
- Experience with C Socket programming
- A versatile person who can pick up new technologies quickly
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
Nice to haves:
- Experience with PHP and Java
- Experience in the security / encryption space
- Experience with DevSecOps (huge plus)
- Experience with DevOps
- Experience with CMake
Some of the technologies we use:
- RESTful APIs
- GIT experience
- Modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- NPM and/or Yarn
- You are both independently proactive and a team player who is collaborative in nature
- You’re excellent at managing your time with the ability to meet deadlines
- You are a clear communicator and great at interacting with multiple stakeholders
- You come to work without an ego and value the opinions of others
Due to government contracts in place at XQ, it’s a Bonafide requirement that all applicants are a citizen of the United States or Canada.