We bring out the best in business. From early-stage startups to seasoned companies, we work hard to give businesses a brighter future. Working with entrepreneurs and companies to fund, evaluate, validate, build and scale startups and ventures.
TCap is growing and we’re looking for self-starters to join our team, based in Vancouver, Canada. We are founders at heart and look for people with the same entrepreneurial drive to support TCap’s portfolio of exciting startups and companies.
Do you like to take initiative, serve and connect with others, thrive when there are multiple things on the go, and put your ideas into action in a collaborative environment?
Come join our team!
Junior Accountant (Vancouver)
Remote, Canada | Permanent, Full-time
About our Finance team
We are people-first. Our team supports several businesses under the TCap portfolio where no two days are the same. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional service to the teams we support and consistently balancing precision with flexibility.
About the role
As our Junior Accountant, you’ll work across TCap’s current portfolio of companies to oversee and run full-cycle accounting activities, including processing and preparing accurate monthly financial information in a timely manner within predetermined reporting.
Your keen eye for detail and ability to learn quickly will equip you in addressing the everyday challenges that come across your desk. Your quick pace will play a key role in building our world-class Finance team at TCap and helping the entities in our portfolio scale.
What you're great at
- Thriving when there are multiple things on the go with many priorities to manage.
- Getting the little things right.
- Leading with integrity and holding yourself accountable to what you say you’re going to do
What you'll be doing
- Enter Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable/Intercompany invoices, reconcile the accounts and manage vendor communications.
- Manage unearned revenues, customer deposits, and inventory accounts.
- Prepare sales tax returns (GST, PST, various US State Sales Tax).
- Prepare bank reconciliations and correctly record bank transactions (includes multicurrency transactions).
- Assist with reporting and variance analysis.
- Identify opportunities to improve procedures and implement them.
- Assist Controller and Intermediate Accountant in activities related to month-end, year-end and audit.
- Additional projects as assigned by our Controller.
What we're looking for
- A minimum of 1 year professional accounting experience.
- Understanding of accounting concepts and experience with various payment processes.
- Proficient in excel including pivot tables, VLookups, filtering and more.
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail-orientation with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to deal with situations where information is complex, ambiguous or difficult to obtain.
- A resourceful person with a can-do attitude who knows where to find answers when the need arises.
- A clear communicator in writing and person, especially when it comes to handling confidential information.
Bonus if you have:
- Experience working with Sage Intacct.
- Accounting experience within a retail environment
What you can expect from us
- If based in Vancouver, the opportunity to work from a brightly lit office space with up-to-date procedures, ensuring a safe and productive environment.
- A dynamic environment with opportunities to learn across a variety of industries and backgrounds.
- Competitive benefits package and wellness program.
- Growth culture with many opportunities to develop both personally and professionally.
Collectively, we are committed to cultivating and preserving an environment of inclusion and connectedness. Our team’s strength is in the sum of our diversity of thought, self-expression, innovation, life experiences, knowledge, and talent.
In hiring our team at TCap, we welcome the unique contributions that candidates can bring in terms of education, opinions, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We value the perspectives and leadership of people who have been historically and systemically marginalized. TCap is an equal opportunity employer, and we particularly encourage applications from individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply for this role.
If you require special accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.