WHAT WE NEED FROM EVERYONE:
Live our values & do the brave thing.
Our Values: Good Enough is Not Enough. Grab an Oar. Be More Human. Play Like a Pirate.
Doing the brave thing is about courage. It’s about never being a spectator. Speaking up with clarity and conviction and kindness. Not hedging our points-of-view with clients or each other. Saying what we think when it’s in the best interest of the idea or the people, even if it’s uncomfortable. Being willing to take smart risks. Making tough decisions without agonizing. And, being transparent and vulnerable in search of the best. This is the expectation for all of us. In turn, we commit to perpetuating a culture where bravery is rewarded and support is always within reach.
WHO WE ARE:
Design by Disruption® is a global design studio housed within TBWA\Chiat\Day Los Angeles and is part of the TBWA global collective, created to unleash the experience soul of a brand across every touch point and channel. We care about craft and we care a lot. We call this Craft Devotion. We want to make beautiful stuff. We want the design to be thoughtfully, masterfully, and artfully executed across the many touch points that consumers experience from a brand.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
The Senior Project Manager, Design is responsible for the delivery of the design development portion of the agency’s output and is involved throughout the duration of the project. They are the glue that holds the design development process together, acting as agnostic steward of the work, driving the most effective and efficient systems to optimize our agency’s creative and design output.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
This role is expected to manage the communications of the design process, drive timelines for optimum output, and manage the workflow throughout the lifecycle of a project. They are also responsible for managing overarching schedules, design development budgets and reconciliation.
- Must have experience with design workflows and how work should be completed. Creative problem-solving ability and a sharp attention to detail.
- Thinks clearly under pressure, remaining flexible and managing challenging deadlines/stressful situations with confidence.
- Strong organizational skills and capabilities, with the ability to handle multiple tasks and keep accurate and detailed records for every project while developing solutions.
- Works as a team player with a positive attitude.
- Proactively drive projects forward while communicating next steps to team members.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; able with the ability to communicate with employees of all levels.
- Manages internal and client-facing meetings, tracking feedback, requested revisions,, leading and reporting next steps and deadlines, ensuring timely completion of all deliverables.
- Is the primary point of contact for DxD project intake, ensuring there is a clear design brief and ask.
- Manages client (external and internal) feedback, solicits and acts on and establishes clear expectations for delivery and ambitions..
- Partner with Ops Directors, Brand Leads on scoping and budgeting of projects.
- Partner with Associate Production Director in creating work plan and also to ensure that deadlines are being met.
- Adjusts/refines and shifts priorities across projects and leads internal reviews to ensure that we are on-time and delivering the best work possible.
- Manage schedules, scopes, assets, capacity planning, change management and overall project organization
- Ensure requirements and project deliverables dates are clearly communicated, understood, and executed upon.
- Monitoring projects, working with the Ops Director/Brand PM to escalate or mitigate any issues that may arise, and adapting responses to changing conditions to ensure best possible project outcomes
- Manages deadlines and communication to key partners on expectations and key milestones or changes to schedule.
- Coordinates and run design weekly status meeting and provide day-to-day project status to the team
- Handles invoice tracking and account billing for both retainer and project-based accounts
- Organizes the creative briefs on DXD task system.
- Partners with brand PMs to develop timelines on creative development projects. Sets timelines on projects both large and small and distributes timelines to the team.
- Contributing to project management process, tools and templates
- 8-10 years project management or production experience; ideally in design projects
- Experience working in a creative environment; from strategy development through to production delivery.
- Team player, able to multi-task and problem solve under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to establish strong working relationships with cross-functional teams and colleagues of all levels.
- Able to work both autonomously and collaboratively for solutions-oriented results.
- Clear and concise written and verbal presentation skills and style; proficient in presentation (Google Slides, Keynote, PowerPoint) and workflow software (Smartsheet, Microsoft Project).
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
As a member of TBWA’s Design x Disruption team, you should be seen as a positive force, always problem solving and offering solutions. As the glue holding the creative development process together, project managers should maintain a good attitude in the face of the many challenges their team members will encounter. They should know how to manage stress, conflict, and adversity in a positive, productive manner.
All hires must be located in or willing to relocate to Los Angeles to work from our offices hybrid three days a week.
The annual salary range for this role is $105,000-$125,000 and may vary depending on the candidate’s experience. Other compensation includes relocation costs, if applicable. Benefits for this role include health/vision/dental insurance, 401(k), stock purchase, vacation, sick and personal days, Also, you will be eligible (approximately thirty days after you commence employment) to participate in all disability, life, travel insurance plans and programs, retirement plans subject to the terms and conditions of such benefit plans. Please don’t let our posted ranges keep you from exploring this or any other exciting opportunities within TBWA.