Join the technology industry by starting a career at TBI! Our organization is built for growth. Growing partnerships. Growing technology. And most importantly, growing careers. We foster an environment where those new to the industry have access to industry leaders, channel insights and resources for career-pathing.
TBI is the nation’s leading third-party technology distributor. Since 1991, it has assisted Systems Integrators, VARs, MSPs, IT consultants, developers, software distributors and more in advising and sourcing the right technology solutions. TBI serves as a partner’s advocate, ensuring the proper provisioning of cloud, Internet, data, mobility, voice, and managed services from best-in-class service providers to achieve clients’ desired business outcomes.
Through training and marketing programs focused on the benefits of technology to the business, TBI empowers its partners to be the foremost authority to advise and source all of their clients’ technology needs. With the largest back-office in the industry, TBI partners are fully supported by pre- and post-sales operations, project managers, and solutions engineers certified in the latest industry-leading technologies.
The Channel Manager (CM) wins, maintains, and expands relationships with current and prospective partners to assist in selling next generation solutions through TBI’s vendor relationships. Primary sales activity will be focused on acquisition of new revenue from existing partners along with the recruitment of new-age partners that specialize in IT Transformation / Digital Transformation, such as MSP’s, ISV’s, VARS. The Channel Manager will provide additional support for these partners on an ongoing basis to develop the business strategically, with alignment of the TBI resources. CM will be closely aligned with TBI’s focus and culture on next generation technology promotion, and primarily focus on Hybrid Cloud, UC/CC, Security and SD-WAN as a primary focus. Secondary focus includes Mobility, Network and Traditional Voice Solutions.
The CM will be the TBI Champion out in the field, promoting marketplace trends and how we help partners with sales enablement.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Recruits and collaborates with partners to achieve recruitment and sales goals
- Creates and executes business plans as well as monthly/quarterly revenue targets with top 10 partners
- Contacts each partner monthly at a minimum to consult on expanding business opportunities
- Meets with the Director of Sales monthly to review partner outreach, sales metrics, and strategic opportunities
- Achieves quarterly margin quota with an eye towards increase in cloud, UC/CC, SD-WAN and Security sales.
- Perform on-going trainings for partners on latest marketplace trends with a focus on business impacts
- Reports on progress of each newly recruited partner for quotes and orders
- Consistent self-education on the latest in Channel to continually be able to apply value to discussions.
- Attends TBI Sales Summit quarterly
- Overnight travels approximately 20% of the time / Spends minimum 20% of time out in the field with partners
- Works with TBI Marketing to develop go-to-market strategies with partners, with key vendors and alignment, which include campaigns and events.
- Works with TBI Training to develop curriculums for key partners that require additional knowledge on specific technology subjects
- Works with TBI Solution Engineers/ SME’s during pre-sales scoping, through meetings via phone or in-person, to apply technical resources where needed.
- Works with TBI Operations to align partners workloads with our process to ensure smooth partner experience to ensure satisfaction is being met
- Overall liaison between partner and TBI resources, including escalation POC alongside Director.
- Assistance in driving partners to TBI sponsored events.
- Minimum of 3+ years experience in Channel Sales in Cloud, UCaaS/CCaaS and/or Security
- HS Diploma or equivalent, College Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Proven track record exceeding revenue quota targets
- Going above and beyond to exceed objectives; and provide out of the box thinking
- Strong relationship building and management skills
- Strong time management skills & organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Professional communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up
- Problem Solving & Problem Resolution skills
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Word, and Excel
What’s In It For You: Team TBI Health & Wellness Benefits
- Shared-Cost Health Insurance Plans through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company-paid Basic Life Insurance
- Company-paid Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Accident & Critical Illness Insurance
- Domestic Partner Benefits
- TBI Fit Wellness Program
Additional Team TBI Benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with company match
- Extensive growth opportunities
- Generous PTO and paid holidays for full time employees
- Volunteer time and Maternity & Paternity leave after one year of service
- Paid Military leave after one year of service
- Extra cash opportunities through company points program
Candidates for all positions with TBI must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for any positions with TBI.
TBI is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.