Taxibeat is a mobile app that transforms the way people move in their cities. We do that by leveraging our vast amounts of data to make our cities more efficient.
Every day we process hundreds of thousands of mobile transactions with both drivers and passengers. Significant growth and expansion of our transaction base across different countries, puts us in unique position to experience new and interesting situations that many companies have never seen before. We face these challenges by using agile methodologies, top line tools and of course always working with the best of teams.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our fantastic highly skilled development team and to help us manage, develop and extend our robust cloud based infrastructure. Taxibeat has numerous custom, complex systems running in our data centers to provide traffic and routing information. We are looking for someone who loves Linux, who is intimately familiar with cloud infrastructure, and with a strong understanding of scaling and load management.
The successful candidate will be a team player, capable of collaborating in a fast paced, DevOps oriented environment.
What will you have to do day in day out:
- Help us build our future container-based deployment strategies.
- Write automation tools for system and application maintenance
- Help solve business needs with technology by evaluating different technology options and vendor products
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains - will be expected to participate in on-call escalations to troubleshoot customer facing issues
What you need to have:
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Very good knowledge of Linux operating systems
- Solid understanding of Software Development Life Cycle, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Comfortable with Agile methodologies and working closely within small teams
You also have experience on these skills:
- Amazon Web Services (we are heavily integrated into AWS)
- Container technologies like Docker (This would be a major plus)
- Configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef, Ansible
- Continuous integration tools like Jenkins
- Monitoring tools like Nagios, Zabbix, Cacti
What you'll get:
- Competitive full time salary
- Private Health Coverage on a Company’s group program.
- Taxibeat rides-travel in our city for free, at the tap of a button.
- Breakfast, happy hours, top line tools, Spanish lessons
- A great opportunity to grow and work with the most amazing people in the industry.
- Being part of an environment that provides autonomy and mentoring, which creates incredible opportunities, both for you and the company.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Taxibeat is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.