Taxibeat is a mobile app that transforms the way people move in their cities. Tap on a button on your smartphone and you get a ride in just a few minutes.
Taxibeat started its life, 6 years ago in Europe and 3 years ago expanded its operations to Peru where it serves millions of rides every single month. Because of its great success, it was recently acquired by Daimler A.G and will soon be setting foot across South America.
Taxibeat's vision is to offer an affordable and efficient way for people to move in their cities.
How are we going to achieve that?
By constantly growing our world class engineering team and developing projects such as car-pooling, automated and surge pricing. Sounds exciting enough? Find out more about this role below and let's transform the future of urban mobility together.
About the role
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our fantastic highly skilled development team and to help us manage, develop and extend our robust cloud based infrastructure. Taxibeat has numerous custom, complex systems running in our data centers to provide traffic and routing information. We are looking for someone who loves Linux, who is intimately familiar with cloud infrastructure, and with a strong understanding of scaling and load management.
The successful candidate will be a team player, capable of collaborating in a fast paced, DevOps oriented environment.
What will you have to do day in day out:
- Help us build our future container-based deployment strategies.
- Write automation tools for system and application maintenance
- Help solve business needs with technology by evaluating different technology options and vendor products
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains - will be expected to participate in on-call escalations to troubleshoot customer facing issues
What you need to have:
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Very good knowledge of Linux operating systems
- Solid understanding of Software Development Life Cycle, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Comfortable with Agile methodologies and working closely within small teams
You also have experience on these skills:
- Amazon Web Services (we are heavily integrated into AWS)
- Container technologies like Docker (This would be a major plus)
- Configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef, Ansible
- Continuous integration tools like Jenkins
- Monitoring tools like Nagios, Zabbix, Cacti
What's in it for you:
- Competitive full time salary
- Private Health Coverage on a Company’s group program.
- Taxibeat rides-travel in our city for free, at the tap of a button.
- Breakfast, happy hours, top line tools, Spanish lessons
- A great opportunity to grow and work with the most amazing people in the industry.
- Being part of an environment that provides autonomy and mentoring, which creates incredible opportunities, both for you and the company.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Taxibeat is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.