Taxibeat is a mobile app that transforms the way people move in their cities. Tap on a button on your smartphone and you get a ride with one of our cars, in just a few minutes.
We do that by leveraging our vast amounts of data to make our cities more efficient. Every day we process hundreds of thousands of mobile transactions with both drivers and passengers. Significant growth and expansion of our transaction base across different countries, puts us in unique position to experience new and interesting situations that many companies have never seen before. We face these challenges by using agile methodologies, top line tools and of course always working with the best of teams.
About the role
Are you a Senior Android Engineer who has excellent problem solving skills and loves technical challenges? If yes, then jump into our Taxibeat team and build with us an amazing product with international reach!
Our Android team has recently been working on some great features that are significantly improving the way people interact with our app and move in the city, and we’re ready to deploy a number of very cool new services to expand our footprint in the market.
What will you have to do day in day out:
- Build apps for phones and tablets making good use of all the latest APIs while maintaining support for older versions of Android
- Take part in designing and implementing new features from scratch
- Work with our Creative Team of designers and UX experts to create pixel perfect designs
- Track down and resolve issues
- Keep up with the latest SDK, tools and conventions
What you will need to have:
- At least 4 years Android of application development experience (Java) in the industry.
- Proven ability to ship apps throughout their lifecycle.
- Holistic knowledge and passion for the platform.
- Superior analytical skills and a strong sense of urgency and ownership in your work.
- Experience with Test Driven Development. Familiarity with integration/functional/UI Automation testing is a plus.
- Experience in modern, distributed version control (we use Git and accompanying flows).
What's in it for you:
- Competitive full time salary
- Private Health Coverage on a Company’s group program.
- Taxibeat rides-travel in our city for free, at the tap of a button.
- Breakfast, happy hours, top line tools, Spanish lessons
- A great opportunity to grow and work with the most amazing people in the industry.
- Being part of an environment that gives engineers large goals, autonomy and mentoring, which creates incredible opportunities, both for you and the company.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Taxibeat is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.