Taxibeat is a mobile app that transforms the way people move in their cities. Tap on a button on your smartphone and you get a ride in just a few minutes.
Taxibeat started its life, 6 years ago in Europe and 3 years ago expanded its operations to Peru where it serves millions of rides every single month. Because of its great success, it was recently acquired by Daimler A.G and will soon be setting foot across South America.
Taxibeat's vision is to offer an affordable and efficient way for people to move in their cities.
How are we going to achieve that?
By constantly growing our world class engineering team and developing projects such as car-pooling, automated and surge pricing. Sounds exciting enough? Find out more about this role below and let's transform the future of urban mobility together.
About the role
We constantly strive to innovate. Our systems are written in a modern, testable and object-oriented manner that promotes reusability, generic functionality and high performance. We are in the process of redefining our backend by re-architecting some of our core services as microservices. At the same time, we are integrating high throughput pipelines throughout our platform to enable rich insights for our data science and business intelligence teams. We seek people capable, willing and enthusiastic about participating in both maintaining our systems as well as building the next generation systems for our service.
Are you a Backend Engineer who has excellent problem solving skills and loves technical challenges? Can you deliver under pressure, take initiative, work well as part of a team? If yes, then join us and participate in building an amazing product with international reach!
What will you have to do day in day out:
- Design, develop, manage, and support web services (Restful APIs) and web applications
- Solve scalability and performance issues at an operating environment that constantly evolves and grows
- Consume 3rd party RESTful APIs
- Resolve web application problems and perform resolution follow ups
- Participate in project planning including research and development
What you'll need to have:
- Expert understanding Test Driven Development, OOP and design patterns in at least one of (preferrably more) the following languages: Python, Golang, Scala, PHP7.0 or JavaEE with at least 5+ years of proven, production-grade software development expertise
- Understanding of SOA and RESTful web service design, implementation and maintenance
- Experience with MVC development frameworks and cascading modularity
- Knowledge and experience (modelling and architecture) of SQL and relational databases (MySQL)
- Knowledge and experience of non-relational databases (one or more of MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch)
- Experience in version control (Git preferable)
Nice to have:
- Experience with Kafka, RabbitMQ, Hadoop, Spark, Flink
What's in it for you:
- Competitive full time salary
- Private Health Coverage on a Company’s group program.
- Taxibeat rides-travel in our city for free, at the tap of a button.
- Breakfast, happy hours, top line tools, Spanish lessons
- A great opportunity to grow and work with the most amazing people in the industry.
- Being part of an environment that gives engineers large goals, autonomy and mentoring, which creates incredible opportunities, both for you and the company.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Taxibeat is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.