Taxibeat is a mobile app that transforms the way people move in their cities.
We do that by leveraging our vast amounts of data to make our cities more efficient. Every day we process hundreds of thousands of mobile transactions with drivers and passengers alike. And with our ‘startup’ culture, rapidly growing platform and fascinating strategy for innovation, we constantly encounter and address the challenging engineering problems in systems architecture, performance and scalability, by using Agile methodologies and top line tools, that make Taxibeat a uniquely enticing workplace.
Are you a Backend Engineer who has excellent problem solving skills and loves technical challenges? Can you deliver under pressure, take initiative, work well as part of a team? If yes, then join us and participate in building an amazing product with international reach!
We constantly strive to innovate. Our systems are written in a modern, testable and object-oriented manner that promotes reusability, generic functionality and high performance. We are in the process of redefining our backend by re-architecting some of our core services as microservices. At the same time, we are integrating high throughput pipelines throughout our platform to enable rich insights for our data science and business intelligence teams. We seek people capable, willing and enthusiastic about participating in both maintaining our systems as well as building the next generation systems for our service.
What will you have to do day in day out:
- Design, develop, manage, and support web services (Restful APIs) and web applications
- Solve scalability and performance issues at an operating environment that constantly evolves and grows
- Consume 3rd party RESTful APIs
- Resolve web application problems and perform resolution follow ups
- Participate in project planning including research and development
What you'll need to have:
- Expert understanding Test Driven Development, OOP and design patterns in at least one of (preferrably more) the following languages: Python, Golang, Scala, PHP5.6+ or JavaEE with at least 5+ years of proven, production-grade software development expertise
- Understanding of SOA and RESTful web service design, implementation and maintenance
- Experience with MVC development frameworks and cascading modularity
- Knowledge and experience (modelling and architecture) of SQL and relational databases (MySQL)
- Knowledge and experience of non-relational databases (one or more of MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch)
- Experience in version control (Git preferable)
Nice to have:
- Experience with Kafka, RabbitMQ, Hadoop, Spark, Flink
What you'll get:
- Competitive full time salary
- Private Health Coverage on a Company’s group program.
- Taxibeat rides-travel in our city for free, at the tap of a button.
- Breakfast, happy hours, top line tools, Spanish lessons
- A great opportunity to grow and work with the most amazing people in the industry.
- Being part of an environment that gives engineers large goals, autonomy and mentoring, which creates incredible opportunities, both for you and the company.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Taxibeat is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.