Taxibeat is a mobile app that transforms the way people move in their cities. Tap on a button on your smartphone and you get a ride in just a few minutes.
Taxibeat started its life, 6 years ago in Europe and 3 years ago expanded its operations to Peru where it serves millions of rides every single month. Because of its great success, it was recently acquired by Daimler A.G and will soon be setting foot across South America.
Taxibeat's vision is to offer an affordable and efficient way for people to move in their cities.
How are we going to achieve that?
By constantly growing our world class engineering team and developing projects such as car-pooling, automated and surge pricing. Sounds exciting enough? Find out more about this role below and let's transform the future of urban mobility together.
About the role
We are looking for an exceptional junior developer that can demonstrate excellent problem solving skills and the enthusiasm needed in order to take on cutting edge technical challenges. Can you deliver under pressure, take initiative, work well as part of a team? Do you feel you have what it takes? If yes, then join us and participate in building an amazing product with international reach!
Join our backend team and write world-class APIs and services that will power our platform in the near future. Cut your teeth with testable, object-oriented and scalable code and work along with our amazing team of backend engineers to create the next generation microservice-based platform for Taxibeat.
What will you have to do day in day out:
- Develop, manage, and support web services (Restful APIs)
- Develop, manage and support web apps
- Consume 3rd party RESTful APIs
- Resolve web application problems and perform resolution follow ups
- Participate in project planning including research and development
What you'll need to have:
- Solid understanding of PHP5.6+ OOP, design patterns and basic algorithms.
- At least some basic understanding of the fundamentals of Test Driven Development. You will be required to understand how to read and write testable code.
What it's nice to have:
- Knowledge of SQL and relational databases (MySQL)
- Knowledge of non-relational databases (one or more of MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch)
- Experience in version control (Git preferable)
- A relevant Computer Science B.Sc or higher degree from a world-class university
What's in it for you:
- Competitive full time salary
- Private Health Coverage on a Company’s group program.
- Taxibeat rides-travel in our city for free, at the tap of a button.
- Breakfast, happy hours, top line tools, Spanish lessons
- A great opportunity to grow and work with the most amazing people in the industry.
- Being part of an environment that gives engineers large goals, autonomy and mentoring, which creates incredible opportunities, both for you and the company.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Taxibeat is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.