Taxibeat is a mobile app that transforms the way people move in their cities. We do that by leveraging our vast amounts of data to make our cities more efficient.
Every day we process hundreds of thousands of mobile transactions with both drivers and passengers. Significant growth and expansion of our transaction base across different countries, puts us in unique position to experience new and interesting situations that many companies have never seen before. We face these challenges by using agile methodologies, top line tools and of course always working with the best of teams.
We're accepting these challenges by applying data, algorithms and machine learning to problems in logistics, routes, personalization, search and more. Our data science team is at the heart of this effort and is an essential ingredient in Taxibeat’s aggressive growth plan and vision for the future.
As a member of our team, you will take on some of our biggest challenges and your work will impact the entire Taxibeat experience, from making sure drivers are always available for all our customers, to helping our drivers utilize their working hours. Our team moves very fast, so you’ll have the opportunity to make an immediate difference.
What you'll be doing:
- Solve complex logistics problems, so we can make our passengers happy getting from point A to point B the fastest possible
- Predict the future, like modeling pickup times and forecasting supply & demand in real time
- Personalize the customer’s experience, with the end result of minimizing the number of interactions between user and application
- Help utilize our drivers’ working time by being in the right place at the right time
- Identify many other interesting problems to solve
- Working closely with engineers, designers, product managers and operations teams to iterate on solutions
What you should already have:
- Master's degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or other quantitative discipline. Higher degrees are highly appreciated as is considerable experience with Machine Learning, Statistical Analysis, Big Data Analytics in the industry.
- 2+ years of experience using statistical insights and software to solve real-world problems
- Experience with Python or R. Additional experience and competence in software engineering are preferred. Specifically, we would favour candidates with a strong engineering background and competence in Scala.
- Hands-on experience with SQL, NoSQL, and Apache Hadoop, Spark or Tensorflow.
- A strong sense of ownership in your work
- Good numerical and analytical skills with an excellent eye for detail working with qualitative and quantitative data.
- The desire to build, launch and iterate on products with limited direction
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive full time salary
- Private Health Coverage on a Company’s group program.
- Taxibeat rides-travel in our city for free, at the tap of a button.
- Breakfast, happy hours, top line tools, Spanish lessons
- A great opportunity to grow and work with the most amazing people in the industry.
- Being part of an environment that provides autonomy and mentoring, which creates incredible opportunities, both for you and the company.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Taxibeat is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.