Founded in 2018 by CPAs, tax attorneys, and software developers, TaxBit is establishing an entirely new category of business to enable widespread adoption of cryptocurrency and other digital assets.
Our Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform streamlines our customers’ reporting and accounting experience for the digital asset class. We are trusted by thousands of consumers, leading crypto and traditional financial enterprises, government agencies—including the IRS— respected accounting firms, and others to solve compliance challenges at scale amid an ever-evolving regulatory landscape. TaxBit investors include Haun Ventures, IVP, Insight Partners, Paradigm, Tiger Global, PayPal Ventures, Winklevoss Capital, Coinbase Ventures, and other leading crypto investors. Our team is located in New York City, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, Seattle, and Washington, D.C.
If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your growth, recognizes your unique contribution, and provides a fun, flexible, and inclusive work environment, then TaxBit is the place for you. We’re looking for team members who are ready to join a hypergrowth company and excited to work at the forefront of an entirely new industry.
As a SME Sr Tax Associate, you’ll be a member of TaxBit’s Public Sector Subject Matter Expert (SME) team.
Your role will include:
- Understanding nuances of digital asset taxation and ability to work with new and ongoing regulations in the digital asset space
- Data review, interpretation, and analysis
- Aggregating disparate data to develop tax-related reports involving digital assets using TaxBit software tools
- Tracking client projects, assessing client data, and delivering on client deadlines
- Working closely with software engineers and product managers to establish technical requirements and compliance for software tools
- Working closely with public sector clients as they implement TaxBit software tools and help develop requirements for further improvements and features
The ideal candidate for this role is someone who can work with complex transactional data, manage projects from beginning to end, quickly learn new objectives, understand tax technical documentation and problem solve. Most importantly, you possess a do-whatever-it-takes mentality to ensure our clients have the best possible experience.
The Public Sector team has seen incredible growth in recent months and are situated to further expand into new markets and use cases. This role has the ability to grow in responsibilities and opportunities as we build out and expand our product offerings in this space. You will be part of implementing products that will help enable digital asset compliance within various regulatory frameworks and be on the cutting edge of regulatory applications.
- Leverage subject matter expertise in complex digital assets tax and accounting topics to better support TaxBit customers
- Timely and accurate completion of public sector client deliverables
- Working as part of a team to develop and maintain client relationships and disseminating subject matter expertise through written and verbal communications
- Drive analysis on complex data sets received from clients
- Work with TaxBit Engineering and Product teams to ensure accuracy of data integration and completeness of client data and deliverables
- Evaluate the current needs within partner processes and work cross-functionally to determine how to best meet customer needs
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers and their business, processes, and products through proactive communication and in depth discovery
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- 4-year degree in Accounting; Masters preferred
- 3-4 years of income tax experience working in public accounting or industry preferred, but not required
- CPA or working towards CPA certification
- Proficient with Excel, MS suite of software, and Google suite
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and management skills; ability to juggle multiple projects and disparate information
- Critical thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail and thoroughness in approach
- Team player who is eager to roll up their sleeves and contribute from day 1; brings a great attitude, work-ethic, and eagerness to learn and develop
- Bonus skills include:
- Experience with analytical tools such as Alteryx, SQL Tableau, Power BI
- Coding experience in any language VBA, SQL, Python, etc.
- Self-starter, ready to identify and perform job functions with minimal supervision
- Strong desire to learn and keep up with emerging issues, news, and best practices within the tax, accounting, digital asset, and finance industries
Why you want to work here
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- A robust offering of health, dental, and vision benefits with certain plans eligible for 100% premium coverage
- An investment in your mental wellbeing with free access to Headspace as well as company-wide mental health days/weeks
- A modern 401(k) plan that includes access to crypto, financial wellness benefits, low fees, and more
- Unlimited Time Off - enjoy the flexibility to take time away to rest, refuel, and recharge whenever needed and without worry
- Paid parental leave to bond with your new child
- Inclusive activities such as rock climbing, trivia/game nights, monthly mingles, and more!
- Company-provided Friday Lunches and unlimited snacks/drinks
- Autonomous work and flexibility in how work is performed
- By submitting an application for this role, you certify that the information contained in the application is correct to the best of your knowledge. You understand that to falsify information is grounds for refusing to hire you, or for discharge should you be hired.
- Employment with the Company is at will unless otherwise stated in a written agreement signed by the CEO of the Company. This means that either the Company or the employee can terminate the employment at any time and for any reason, with or without notice.