Founded in 2018 by CPAs, tax attorneys, and software developers, TaxBit is creating an entirely new category to enable widespread compliant adoption of digital assets for the global economy. TaxBit’s Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform streamlines and automates customers’ tax reporting and accounting activities for digital assets.
Trusted by leading crypto, tech, and traditional enterprises, Big 4 accounting firms, and government agencies (including the IRS), TaxBit solves compliance challenges at scale amidst an ever-evolving regulatory landscape. TaxBit is backed by leading Silicon Valley VCs with teams located in New York City, San Francisco, Seattle, Salt Lake City, and Washington, D.C.
Opportunity for Impact
TaxBit is seeking to hire a Security Engineer to help design and build security infrastructure and solutions for our engineering teams. If you are excited about joining a fast paced team and solving problems in the FinTech space, TaxBit might be a great fit!
As a Principal Security Engineer at TaxBit, you should be passionate about software, security and people! Your role will be to help design and develop frameworks and systems to ensure the security of TaxBit’s Engineering infrastructure, which aids in allowing TaxBit to deliver world class experiences and capabilities for clients. !
We welcome individuals who are humble, hungry and open to tackle some of the industry's biggest challenges!
Role and Responsibilities
- Design, build and operate the primary security infrastructure used by all of TaxBit’s engineering teams.
- Make impactful decisions about systems and security, including their edge cases, failure modes and life cycles.
- Contribute to team learnings by improving engineering standards and processes
- Define infrastructure that reliably identifies signals to threat teams
- Own solving problems end to end across a variety of systems and services in close collaboration with other engineers at TaxBit
- 5+ years of programming experience
- 2+ years relevant experience building, managing cloud architecture and detection and response
- Deep experience with security on AWS or other cloud providers
- Ability to work in an agile environment and challenging yourself and your team to improve their ways of working
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to communicate ideas clearly across all technical and non technical audiences
- Teamwork and mentorship
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience
The base salary range for this role is $141,468 - $236,684. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, and benefits. Actual compensation will vary depending on various job-related factors, including, but not limited to location, experience, level, and job qualifications.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive cash compensation (based on experience)
- Equity (RSUs)
- Competitive benefits package
- A modern 401(k) plan that includes access to crypto, financial wellness benefits, low fees and more
- Hybrid working model: 3 days in-office, 2 days WFH/flexible
- Monday team lunches, snacks and drinks
- Discretionary Time Off - enjoy the flexibility to rest, refuel, and recharge
- Paid parental leave to bond with your child
- Fertility Benefit
- Autonomous work and flexibility in how work is performed
TaxBit in the News
Forbes America's Best Startup Employers
Deloitte Top 10 Fast 500 Award
Forbes FinTech 50
Recent Product Announcements
TaxBit Announces AI Enabled Rules Engine for Crypto Accounting
TaxBit Launches DAC7 Compliance Solution for Digital Marketplaces
TaxBit Introduces The First Enterprise-Grade Legal Entity Support Solution for Digital Assets
TaxBit Launches Innovative CESOP Reporting Solution for Digital Assets
TB Thought-Leadership Pieces
Fortune - Future of Finance
NASDAQ - How Regulation and Technology Are Bridging the Gap Between Tradfi and Crypto
Future of Finance Roundtable Event (Video)
Coindesk - The Tax Implications of Sam Bankman-Fried’s Conviction
Fox Business - AI tools streamlining accounting workflows and opening capacity for innovation
Bloomberg Tax - Is Anyone Paying State Taxes on Bitcoin and NFTs? (Podcast)
Alliance/ Partner Announcements
IRS Taps TaxBit to Audit Bulk Crypto Transactions
EY to Collaborate With TaxBit on Digital Asset Tax Reporting
TaxBit and KPMG LLP Announce Alliance to Assist Digital Asset Companies Amid Market and Regulatory Uncertainty
Deloitte and TaxBit Form Alliance to Meet Exponential Market Demand for Digital Asset
- By submitting an application for this role, you certify that the information contained in the application is correct to the best of your knowledge. You understand that to falsify information is grounds for refusing to hire you, or for discharge should you be hired.
- Employment with the Company is at will unless otherwise stated in a written agreement signed by the CEO of the Company. This means that either the Company or the employee can terminate the employment at any time and for any reason, with or without notice.