Founded in 2018 by CPAs, tax attorneys, and software developers, TaxBit is establishing an entirely new category of business to enable widespread adoption of cryptocurrency and other digital assets.
Our Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform streamlines our customers’ reporting and accounting experience for the digital asset class. We are trusted by thousands of consumers, leading crypto and traditional financial enterprises, government agencies—including the IRS— respected accounting firms, and others to solve compliance challenges at scale amid an ever-evolving regulatory landscape. TaxBit investors include Haun Ventures, IVP, Insight Partners, Paradigm, Tiger Global, PayPal Ventures, Winklevoss Capital, Coinbase Ventures, and other leading crypto investors. Our team is located in New York City, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, Seattle, and Washington, D.C.
If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your growth, recognizes your unique contribution, and provides a fun, flexible, and inclusive work environment, then TaxBit is the place for you. We’re looking for team members who are ready to join a hypergrowth company and excited to work at the forefront of an entirely new industry.
You will be a Product Manager on the Corporate Tax and Accounting SaaS product, building foundational user-facing features and the internal systems and tools to support these features at scale. In this role, you will own needs discovery, write PRDs, prioritize features by balancing trade-offs, define and measure KPIs, and get buy-ins from cross-functional teams - including other product managers, engineering, and go-to-market teams.
You will also have a dedicated engineering and product design team to build the user-facing features. You will work closely with them to design the most intuitive experience for our end users. As needed by the roadmap you define, you'll work across the infrastructure and platform layer to unlock the seamless end-user experience. You will be the voice of the customer to other engineering and product teams.
Lastly and most importantly, you will be free to define the path to take the product to the next level and the support system to help you achieve that outcome.
- You think and act like an owner, i.e., you see a problem, you roll up your sleeves and fix it
- You break organizational silos and are not afraid to go the extra mile. Ideas win at TaxBit. You are expected to contribute ideas and also take others' ideas if it makes sense and be the champion of it
- You deeply care about customers and be able to crystallize both their articulated and unarticulated needs
- You can see both the forest and the trees. You can articulate a clear vision of where we are going 1+ years from now and can create a detailed plan to achieve that vision
- You obsess over the details; our users are finance professionals and accountants for whom detail is a baseline requirement
- You have the technical knowledge to contribute to engineering tech design discussions
- You understand data and love speaking the language of schemas and ETLs
- You are a fast learner who is willing to learn about crypto assets, tax, and accounting and convert the accounting technicalities into engineering-friendly language
- You love to collaborate with diverse stakeholders and be able to meet them where they are by translating complex problems and proposals into simple ones while not losing the critical nuances
- 4-7+ years of experience. If you are a strong performer, you are welcome to apply irrespective of your years of experience.
- You have worked with sales, marketing, design, front-end and back-end platform/infrastructure engineering teams in your prior roles
- Prior experience in accounting, finance
- Knowledge of crypto, web 3.0, and DeFi is not required but interest and will to learn are required
The base salary range for this role is $150,000-$210,000. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, and benefits. Actual compensation will vary depending on various job-related factors, including, but not limited to location, experience, level, and job qualifications.
Why you want to work here
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- A robust offering of health, dental, and vision benefits with certain plans eligible for 100% premium coverage
- An investment in your mental wellbeing with free access to Headspace as well as company-wide mental health days/weeks
- A modern 401(k) plan that includes access to crypto, financial wellness benefits, low fees, and more
- Unlimited Time Off - enjoy the flexibility to take time away to rest, refuel, and recharge whenever needed and without worry
- Paid parental leave to bond with your new child
- Inclusive activities such as rock climbing, trivia/game nights, monthly mingles, and more!
- Company-provided Friday Lunches and unlimited snacks/drinks
- Autonomous work and flexibility in how work is performed