Founded in 2018 by CPAs, tax attorneys, and software developers, TaxBit is establishing an entirely new category of business to enable widespread adoption of cryptocurrency and other digital assets.
Our Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform streamlines our customers’ reporting and accounting experience for the digital asset class. We are trusted by thousands of consumers, leading crypto and traditional financial enterprises, government agencies—including the IRS— respected accounting firms, and others to solve compliance challenges at scale amid an ever-evolving regulatory landscape. TaxBit investors include Haun Ventures, IVP, Insight Partners, Paradigm, Tiger Global, PayPal Ventures, Winklevoss Capital, Coinbase Ventures, and other leading crypto investors. Our team is located in New York City, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, Seattle, and Washington, D.C.
If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your growth, recognizes your unique contribution, and provides a fun, flexible, and inclusive work environment, then TaxBit is the place for you. We’re looking for team members who are ready to join a hypergrowth company and excited to work at the forefront of an entirely new industry.
TaxBit is seeking to hire Software Engineers to help scale our products and influence change. If you are excited about joining a fast paced team and solving problems in the FinTech space, TaxBit might be a great fit!
As a Software Engineer at TaxBit, you should be passionate about software and people!
Your role will be to help build and implement software solutions in an effort to deliver world class experiences and capabilities for our users and clients. Full stack or back end skillsets are a plus!
We welcome individuals who are humble, hungry and open to tackle some of the industry's biggest challenges!
- Build complex, modern applications with elegant, consistent and efficient functionalities for our customers
- Partner with designers and product managers to define the best practices for the tools we’re building
- Write well-designed, well-tested, readable, maintainable code
- Participate in code reviews to maintain code quality and distribute knowledge
- Own solving problems end to end across a variety of systems and services in close collaboration with other engineers at TaxBit
- 3+ years of programming experience
- 3+ years relevant experience building applications or similar experience
- Experience building type-safe, scalable distributed systems
- Understanding and knowledge of software architectures across the front-end, back-end, and the APIs that glue them
- Passionate about code quality, continuous delivery, automated testing
- Ability to work in an agile environment and challenging yourself and your team to improve their ways of working
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to communicate ideas clearly across all technical and non technical audiences
- Teamwork and mentorship
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience
The base salary range for this role is $105,000-$237,000. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, and benefits. Actual compensation will vary depending on various job-related factors, including, but not limited to location, experience, level, and job qualifications.
Why you want to work here
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- A robust offering of health, dental, and vision benefits with certain plans eligible for 100% premium coverage
- An investment in your mental wellbeing with free access to Headspace as well as company-wide mental health days/weeks
- A modern 401(k) plan that includes access to crypto, financial wellness benefits, low fees, and more
- Unlimited Time Off - enjoy the flexibility to take time away to rest, refuel, and recharge whenever needed and without worry
- Paid parental leave to bond with your new child
- Inclusive activities such as rock climbing, trivia/game nights, monthly mingles, and more!
- Company-provided Friday Lunches and unlimited snacks/drinks
- Autonomous work and flexibility in how work is performed