Founded in 2018 by CPAs, tax attorneys, and software developers, TaxBit is creating an entirely new category to enable widespread compliant adoption of digital assets for the global economy. TaxBit’s Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform streamlines and automates customers’ tax reporting and accounting activities for digital assets.
Trusted by leading crypto, tech, and traditional enterprises, Big 4 accounting firms, and government agencies (including the IRS), TaxBit solves compliance challenges at scale amidst an ever-evolving regulatory landscape. TaxBit is backed by leading Silicon Valley VCs with teams located in New York City, San Francisco, Seattle, Salt Lake City, and Washington, D.C.
Opportunity for Impact
This role does require the successful completion of an IRS Background Check. Due to the nature of this position, federal law only permits US citizens or permanent residents of over 3 years to be considered for this position.
As a SME Sr Tax Associate, you’ll be a member of TaxBit’s Public Sector Subject Matter Expert (SME) team.
Your role will include:
- Understanding nuances of digital asset taxation and ability to work with new and ongoing regulations in the digital asset space
- Data review, interpretation, and analysis
- Aggregating disparate data to develop tax-related reports involving digital assets using TaxBit software tools
- Tracking client projects, assessing client data, and delivering on client deadlines
- Working closely with software engineers and product managers to establish technical requirements and compliance for software tools
- Working closely with public sector clients as they implement TaxBit software tools and help develop requirements for further improvements and features
The ideal candidate for this role is someone who can work with complex transactional data, manage projects from beginning to end, quickly learn new objectives, understand tax technical documentation and problem solve. Most importantly, you possess a do-whatever-it-takes mentality to ensure our clients have the best possible experience.
The Public Sector team has seen incredible growth in recent months and are situated to further expand into new markets and use cases. This role has the ability to grow in responsibilities and opportunities as we build out and expand our product offerings in this space. You will be part of implementing products that will help enable digital asset compliance within various regulatory frameworks and be on the cutting edge of regulatory applications.
Role and Responsibilities
- Leverage subject matter expertise in complex digital assets tax and accounting topics to better support TaxBit customers
- Timely and accurate completion of public sector client deliverables
- Working as part of a team to develop and maintain client relationships and disseminating subject matter expertise through written and verbal communications
- Drive analysis on complex data sets received from clients
- Work with TaxBit Engineering and Product teams to ensure accuracy of data integration and completeness of client data and deliverables
- Evaluate the current needs within partner processes and work cross-functionally to determine how to best meet customer needs
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers and their business, processes, and products through proactive communication and in depth discovery
Professional Qualifications and Personal Characteristics
- 4-year degree in Accounting; Masters preferred
- 3-4 years of income tax experience working in public accounting or industry preferred, but not required
- CPA or working towards CPA certification
- Proficient with Excel, MS suite of software, and Google suite
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and management skills; ability to juggle multiple projects and disparate information
- Critical thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail and thoroughness in approach
- Team player who is eager to roll up their sleeves and contribute from day 1; brings a great attitude, work-ethic, and eagerness to learn and develop
- Bonus skills include:
- Experience with analytical tools such as Alteryx, SQL Tableau, Power BI
- Coding experience in any language VBA, SQL, Python, etc.
- Self-starter, ready to identify and perform job functions with minimal supervision
- Strong desire to learn and keep up with emerging issues, news, and best practices within the tax, accounting, digital asset, and finance industries
The base salary range for this role is $50,000 - $107,000. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, and benefits. Actual compensation will vary depending on various job-related factors, including, but not limited to location, experience, level, and job qualifications.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive cash compensation (based on experience)
- Equity (RSUs)
- Competitive benefits package
- A modern 401(k) plan that includes access to crypto, financial wellness benefits, low fees and more
- Hybrid working model: 3 days in-office, 2 days WFH/flexible
- Monday team lunches, snacks and drinks
- Discretionary Time Off - enjoy the flexibility to rest, refuel, and recharge
- Paid parental leave to bond with your child
- Fertility Benefit
- Autonomous work and flexibility in how work is performed
TaxBit in the News
Forbes America's Best Startup Employers
Deloitte Top 10 Fast 500 Award
Forbes FinTech 50
Recent Product Announcements
TaxBit Announces AI Enabled Rules Engine for Crypto Accounting
TaxBit Launches DAC7 Compliance Solution for Digital Marketplaces
TaxBit Introduces The First Enterprise-Grade Legal Entity Support Solution for Digital Assets
TaxBit Launches Innovative CESOP Reporting Solution for Digital Assets
TB Thought-Leadership Pieces
Fortune - Future of Finance
NASDAQ - How Regulation and Technology Are Bridging the Gap Between Tradfi and Crypto
Future of Finance Roundtable Event (Video)
Coindesk - The Tax Implications of Sam Bankman-Fried’s Conviction
Fox Business - AI tools streamlining accounting workflows and opening capacity for innovation
Bloomberg Tax - Is Anyone Paying State Taxes on Bitcoin and NFTs? (Podcast)
Alliance/ Partner Announcements
IRS Taps TaxBit to Audit Bulk Crypto Transactions
EY to Collaborate With TaxBit on Digital Asset Tax Reporting
TaxBit and KPMG LLP Announce Alliance to Assist Digital Asset Companies Amid Market and Regulatory Uncertainty
Deloitte and TaxBit Form Alliance to Meet Exponential Market Demand for Digital Asset
- By submitting an application for this role, you certify that the information contained in the application is correct to the best of your knowledge. You understand that to falsify information is grounds for refusing to hire you, or for discharge should you be hired.
- Employment with the Company is at will unless otherwise stated in a written agreement signed by the CEO of the Company. This means that either the Company or the employee can terminate the employment at any time and for any reason, with or without notice.