Founded in 2018 by CPAs, tax attorneys, and software developers, TaxBit is establishing an entirely new category of business to enable widespread adoption of cryptocurrency and other digital assets.
Our Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform streamlines our customers’ reporting and accounting experience for the digital asset class. We are trusted by thousands of consumers, leading crypto and traditional financial enterprises, government agencies—including the IRS— respected accounting firms, and others to solve compliance challenges at scale amid an ever-evolving regulatory landscape. TaxBit investors include Haun Ventures, IVP, Insight Partners, Paradigm, Tiger Global, PayPal Ventures, Winklevoss Capital, Coinbase Ventures, and other leading crypto investors. Our team is located in New York City, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, Seattle, and Washington, D.C.
If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your growth, recognizes your unique contribution, and provides a fun, flexible, and inclusive work environment, then TaxBit is the place for you. We’re looking for team members who are ready to join a hypergrowth company and excited to work at the forefront of an entirely new industry.
TaxBit’s Security and Engineering team is growing. In order to deliver quality products with high velocity, we need leaders to develop talent and solve challenging technical problems.
The Director of Security Engineering and Compliance will support our security and compliance teams with the goal of safeguarding our internal data, users’ data, and maintaining their trust. They will manage and grow empowered teams by balancing autonomy and accountability, driving operational improvement, and keeping pace with regulatory changes to ensure we maintain necessary compliance.
This role will execute across TaxBit’s critical initiatives, including but not limited to security infrastructure, API security, managing assessments, testing, and controls related to compliance, and building upon our critical security infrastructure and automated detection capabilities.
This role will drive security and compliance strategy for our mission to enable digital assets. They will collaborate with engineering leadership, our legal and compliance team, and other stakeholders to understand the customer and business needs.
- Help design, define, and implement the global security strategy for TaxBit’s products and services including products that are subject to government controls.
- Provide technical expertise across the organization, including but not limited to: incident management, security infrastructure, architecture & design, and reliability.
- Continue to enable a team of compliance professionals that will identify necessary in-scope systems and applications, and guide technical teams and stakeholders to implement required controls and meet compliance.
- Ensure processes and systems exist to facilitate required training courses for employees regarding security and compliance.
- Maintain compliance and security industry best practices and suggest improvements across TaxBit (with definable measures of success).
- Oversee vendor security assessments, vulnerability and penetration testing, and collect and manage evidence for audits.
- Maintain industry best-practice security engineering standards for the design and development of TaxBit’s core product suite, services, and infrastructure.
- Partner with our People and Culture teams to hire and grow the best talent in industry.
- 10+ years of hands on software development
- 5+ years as people manager
- 3+ years as manager of managers
- Experience leading teams of 20+ engineers and program managers
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Experience attracting and developing top talent
- Familiar with modern cloud architecture
- Familiarity with building SaaS cloud-based products
- Experience managing sensitive data and working with security and compliance teams
- Thrive in early startups
The base salary range for this role is $180,000 - $250,000. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, and benefits. Actual compensation will vary depending on various job-related factors, including, but not limited to location, experience, level, and job qualifications.
Why you want to work here
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- A robust offering of health, dental, and vision benefits with certain plans eligible for 100% premium coverage
- An investment in your mental wellbeing with free access to Headspace as well as company-wide mental health days/weeks
- A modern 401(k) plan that includes access to crypto, financial wellness benefits, low fees, and more
- Unlimited Time Off - enjoy the flexibility to take time away to rest, refuel, and recharge whenever needed and without worry
- Paid parental leave to bond with your new child
- Inclusive activities such as rock climbing, trivia/game nights, monthly mingles, and more!
- Company-provided Friday Lunches and unlimited snacks/drinks
- Autonomous work and flexibility in how work is performed