TaxBit is helping to drive mainstream adoption of digital assets by connecting the consumer, enterprise, and government tax and accounting ecosystems.
Our Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform streamlines our customers’ reporting experience across traditional and digital asset classes. We are trusted by thousands of consumers, leading exchanges and enterprises, government agencies—including the IRS— respected accounting firms, and others to solve complex accounting problems at scale and ensure compliance with the latest tax laws. TaxBit investors include IVP, Insight Partners, Paradigm, Tiger Global, PayPal Ventures, Winklevoss Capital, Coinbase Ventures, and other leading crypto investors. Our team is located in Salt Lake City, UT and Seattle, WA.
If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your growth, recognizes your unique contribution, and provides a fun, flexible, and inclusive work environment, then TaxBit is the place for you. We’re looking for team members who are ready to join a hypergrowth company and excited to work at the forefront of an entirely new industry.
The Head of GTM Partnerships will lead TaxBit’s Consulting and Software partner business. TaxBit is investing heavily in building out its GTM partnership organization in 2022; this is a key, revenue-generating leadership role that reports to the VP of Growth and works closely with Sales, Marketing, Product, Customer Operations, and Finance teams.
In this role, you’ll evolve TaxBit’s partnership strategy and establish the company’s partnering approach with regional and global consulting/advisory partners and software/ISV alliances in order to increase revenue and accelerate achievement of business goals.
The Head of GTM Partnerships will be responsible for cultivating and maintaining strong executive relationships with key decision makers in partner organizations to secure new business; you’ll negotiate and close strategic partnerships in support of accelerating TaxBit business with global and regional systems integrators (GSIs and SIs), consulting and advisory firms, software providers/independent software vendors (ISVs), and accounting and finance platforms including market leading ERPs. Together, these partnerships will provide TaxBit with the chance to unlock our market opportunity and accelerate growth across all market segments.
This role also includes driving execution across TaxBit’s partner programs, partner marketing, partner enablement, and partner co-selling initiatives in order to increase partner participation and engagement. Additionally, you’ll hire and lead a team of partner development managers to develop and grow partnership relationships and revenue.
This role requires deep knowledge of and experience in building and growing channel partner and alliances relationships including: evaluating and recruiting new partners, negotiating key commercial agreements, and driving joint sales success. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus.
This individual will also have strong leadership experience in building high-performing teams and a deep understanding of what will be needed to properly resource a partner strategy, while they work with stakeholders to develop a plan for ensuring partner success.
An understanding of the relationships within Web3, crypto, and/or accounting industries would be a bonus.
- Develop and execute TaxBit’s partner strategy in alignment with TaxBit leadership and business strategy
- Cultivate executive relationships with partners, optimize partner performance through business reviews, identify additional business opportunities to expand revenue, and deploy a joint sales approach with TaxBit’s top Partners and Sales teams
- Develop business and strategic cases for ‘first-of-their-kind’ partnership opportunities and drive consensus among internal decision makers
- Hire and lead a high-performing team of partner development managers
- Promote career growth of direct reports; inspire, motivate, and enable individual development
- Serve as an advocate for TaxBit partners and identify areas for growth via partnership
- Identify and coordinate the development of new programs, resources, and capabilities across internal teams to achieve partner goals
- Work with Marketing and Sales on the execution of partner events, sales engagement, and building playbooks and collateral to enable partners to effectively sell to customers
- Finalize operational and contracting details with prospective partners through collaboration with TaxBit’s Legal and Finance teams
- Report out on a regular weekly, monthly, and quarterly cadence to all key stakeholders with a strong analytical approach and crisp communication style
- 15+ years of building and leading high performing partner, sales, and/or business development teams in a high growth technology environment
- Successful track record of developing and growing strategic partnerships at the executive level
- Professional and technical knowledge as well as an extensive understanding of industry trends and the key players in the competitive landscape
- Experience working within a high-growth technology company and the ability to operate successfully in a lean, fast-paced organization
- Ability to hire, train, and coach a high-performance team; display high energy, maturity, and leadership and serve as a unifying force
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with deep experience presenting to senior management
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate high-value deals with a C-level audience and positively influence the outcome
- Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, strong analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership, leading data-driven analyses, and influencing results
- Highly organized, multi-tasking skills; takes ownership and demonstrates efficiency in ambiguous situations
- Travel expectation of 25-40%; contingent upon COVID-19 restrictions
- Bachelor Degree
- MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- Background and expertise in tax, accounting, or finance
- Professional experience with Web3, digital assets, and/or crypto-native companies
- Proven productive relationships and rolodex with potential partners
Why you want to work here
- Competitive cash compensation
- Stock options
- Insurance Package; Dental, Medical, Vision coverage with certain plans eligible for 100% medical premium coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Friday team lunches
- Company Paid Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Affordable and Optional Short & Long Term Disability and Supplemental Life Insurance
- Wellness Programs
- Hybrid working model: 3 days in-office, 2 days remote
- Autonomous and flexible work
**Vaccines are mandatory in order to foster a safe environment.