TaxBit is helping to drive mainstream adoption of digital assets by connecting the consumer, enterprise, and government tax and accounting ecosystems.
Our Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform streamlines our customers’ reporting experience across traditional and digital asset classes. We are trusted by thousands of consumers, leading exchanges and enterprises, government agencies—including the IRS— respected accounting firms, and others to solve complex accounting problems at scale and ensure compliance with the latest tax laws. TaxBit investors include IVP, Insight Partners, Paradigm, Tiger Global, PayPal Ventures, Winklevoss Capital, Coinbase Ventures, and other leading crypto investors. Our team is located in Salt Lake City, UT and Seattle, WA.
If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your growth, recognizes your unique contribution, and provides a fun, flexible, and inclusive work environment, learn about crypto, web3, NFTs, DeFi, then TaxBit is the place for you. We’re looking for team members who are ready to join a hypergrowth company and excited to work at the forefront of an entirely new industry.
TaxBit’s Engineering team is growing exponentially. In order to deliver quality products with high velocity, we need leaders to develop talent, lead teams, solve challenging technical problems, and evolve our organizational processes.
Engineering managers own team delivery and develop talent with an eye towards customer value. They seek to unblock the critical path whether it’s a people, process, or product challenge. They ensure sound technical design tradeoffs are made upfront, and quality code is shipped efficiently to production. They take pride in the output of their team and the quality of their operations.
Engineering managers will partner with leadership on resourcing and evolving team structures as TaxBit continues to deliver SaaS solutions to consumer, enterprise, and government verticals. They’ll collaborate with product managers and other stakeholders to understand the customer and business needs, lead a culture of customer-focus, and strongly support a bias to ship.
- Drive daily standup and engineering rhythm for one or more engineering teams
- Partner with product management and other stakeholders to establish quarterly objectives & key results (OKRs) and maintain customer obsession
- Regularly communicate accomplishments and risks upward and outward
- Facilitate technical designs and ensure quality code reviews across team members
- Maintain healthy production systems and establish a team culture of learning from outages
- Develop junior and senior people through various career stages with regular 1-on-1s, feedback, and performance reviews
- Participate as a hiring manager on interview loops
- 8+ years professional software engineering experience
- 2+ years as people manager leading high functioning teams
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Proficient in AWS or alternative cloud architecture
- Familiar with modern devops/SRE systems and processes
- Ability to problem-solve and assist teams with solutions to technical problems
- Experience attracting, developing, and retaining top talent
- 4+ years building SaaS cloud-based products
- Experience managing sensitive data and working with security and compliance teams
- Thrives in early-stage environments and can handle ambiguity
Why you want to work here
- Competitive cash compensation
- Stock options
- Insurance Package; Dental, Medical, Vision coverage with certain plans eligible for 100% medical premium coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Friday team lunches
- Company Paid Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Affordable and Optional Short & Long Term Disability and Supplemental Life Insurance
- Wellness Programs
- Hybrid working model: 3 days in-office, 2 days remote
- Autonomous and flexible work
**Vaccines are mandatory in order to foster a safe environment.