TaxBit is helping to drive mainstream adoption of digital assets by connecting the consumer, enterprise, and government tax and accounting ecosystems.
Our Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform streamlines our customers’ reporting experience across traditional and digital asset classes. We are trusted by thousands of consumers, leading exchanges and enterprises, government agencies—including the IRS— respected accounting firms, and others to solve complex accounting problems at scale and ensure compliance with the latest tax laws. TaxBit investors include IVP, Insight Partners, Paradigm, Tiger Global, PayPal Ventures, Winklevoss Capital, Coinbase Ventures, and other leading crypto investors. Our team is located in Salt Lake City, UT and Seattle, WA.
If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your growth, recognizes your unique contribution, and provides a fun, flexible, and inclusive work environment, then TaxBit is the place for you. We’re looking for team members who are ready to join a hypergrowth company and excited to work at the forefront of an entirely new industry.
As a Senior Sales Engineer, you’ll work within the TaxBit GTM team, in close partnership with enterprise account executives, to lead on all technical aspects of the sales process.
You’ll effectively demonstrate the power and value of TaxBit’s products and services to enterprise and government customers. You’ll drive value to sales engagements by owning solution design and prototyping, RFP responses, product demonstrations, and technical discovery/scoping.
You’ll present technical best practices to prospective customers and serve as a thought partner while helping to sell and close large enterprise deals. You’ll not only influence individual deals, but also help build out processes and tools that serve as the foundation for our brand new Sales Engineering team.
- Serve as a thought partner to our account executives and enterprise/government customers on all technical aspects of the sales process
- Lead technical discovery and scoping conversations to identify customer needs, use cases, and source systems
- Prepare and present custom demos of TaxBit’s various products
- Build rapport and establish credibility with client stakeholders including Business, IT, and Executive personas
- Consult, advise, and answer complex questions on TaxBit’s enterprise APIs
- Help respond to large RFPs with a focus on technical/engineering-related questions and content
- Produce reusable content and collateral to support future deal pursuits
- Systematically share feedback from sales conversations with our Product and Engineering teams
- Seamlessly hand off deals and transfer knowledge from pre-sales to TaxBit’s post-sales Implementation and Customer Success teams
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in sales engineering, technical sales, and/or professional services
- Bachelor Degree in Information Systems or other technical field
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to understand/document customer requirements
- Experience prototyping and wireframing preferably in Figma
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with both business and technical stakeholders
- Collaborative team work skills including partnering with Engineering and Product teams
- Commercial acumen and passion for closing deals
- Growth mindset and ability to wear different hats as the needs of the business continue to evolve
- Familiarity with SaaS and Cloud architecture
- Previous experience with API-based and/or other highly technical products
- CPA or accounting background
- Bonus: Knowledge/expertise in crypto and/or tax
Why you want to work here
- Competitive cash compensation
- Stock options
- Insurance Package; Dental, Medical, Vision coverage with certain plans eligible for 100% medical premium coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Friday team lunches
- Company Paid Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Affordable and Optional Short & Long Term Disability and Supplemental Life Insurance
- Wellness Programs
- Hybrid working model: 3 days in-office, 2 days remote
- Autonomous and flexible work
**Vaccines are mandatory in order to foster a safe environment.