TaxBit is helping to drive mainstream adoption of digital assets by connecting the consumer, enterprise, and government tax and accounting ecosystems.
Our Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform streamlines our customers’ reporting experience across traditional and digital asset classes. We are trusted by thousands of consumers, leading exchanges and enterprises, government agencies—including the IRS— respected accounting firms, and others to solve complex accounting problems at scale and ensure compliance with the latest tax laws. TaxBit investors include IVP, Insight Partners, Paradigm, Tiger Global, PayPal Ventures, Winklevoss Capital, Coinbase Ventures, and other leading crypto investors. Our team is located in Salt Lake City, UT and Seattle, WA.
If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your growth, recognizes your unique contribution, and provides a fun, flexible, and inclusive work environment, then TaxBit is the place for you. We’re looking for team members who are ready to join a hypergrowth company and excited to work at the forefront of an entirely new industry.
What you’ll do
As a Software Engineer II at TaxBit, you should be passionate about building high quality web and mobile experiences. You are comfortable working autonomously and eager to collaborate with teams. You are looking to gain experience in multiple parts of the stack and innovate with new technologies in order to create high quality experiences for our customers and clients.
You will help to implement software solutions in an effort to deliver amazing experiences and capabilities for our customers and clients. The ideal engineer is someone who is humble, eager to learn, smart and dives into problems. They will be one who can inspire others, communicate clearly, and ensure that our clients have the best experience possible.
This is what you’ll do on a day to day basis:
- Build complex, modern applications with beautiful, consistent and fast UI for our customers
- Partner with designers and product managers to define the best practices for the tools we’re building
- Implement best front-end practices on our team
- Write well-designed, well-tested, readable, maintainable code
- Participate in code reviews to maintain code quality and distribute knowledge
- Help lead projects from idea to positive execution
What you’ll need
- You have a college degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- You have at least 2+ years of professional software development experience
- Care about software architecture across the front-end and the APIs that power them
- Passionate about code quality, continuous delivery, automated testing
- Comfortable working in an agile environment and challenging yourself and your team to improve their ways of working
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and can communicate your ideas, especially to those not technologically proficient
- You value team success over personal success and ability to mentor more junior members of the team
Why you want to work here
- Competitive cash compensation
- Stock options
- Heath, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Hybrid working model: 3 days in-office, 2 days WFH/flexible
- Friday team lunches
- Autonomous work and flexibility in how work is performed
**Vaccines are mandatory in order to foster a safe environment.