Founded in 2018 by CPAs, tax attorneys, and software developers, TaxBit is establishing an entirely new category of business to enable widespread adoption of cryptocurrency and other digital assets.
Our Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform streamlines our customers’ reporting and accounting experience for the digital asset class. We are trusted by thousands of consumers, leading crypto and traditional financial enterprises, government agencies—including the IRS— respected accounting firms, and others to solve compliance challenges at scale amid an ever-evolving regulatory landscape. TaxBit investors include Haun Ventures, IVP, Insight Partners, Paradigm, Tiger Global, PayPal Ventures, Winklevoss Capital, Coinbase Ventures, and other leading crypto investors. Our team is located in New York City, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, Seattle, and Washington, D.C.
If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your growth, recognizes your unique contribution, and provides a fun, flexible, and inclusive work environment, then TaxBit is the place for you. We’re looking for team members who are ready to join a hypergrowth company and excited to work at the forefront of an entirely new industry.
What you’ll do
As a Senior Product Designer at TaxBit, you should be passionate about building high quality web and mobile experiences on a fast paced and growing team. You are comfortable owning the underlying design system in addition to working on workflows and specific pages/modules. You enjoy working side-by-side with product managers and engineers on a daily basis. You own conducting user research and testing. You feel ownership of the product’s NPS score and rigorously track consumer expectations to ensure customers have a seamless experience on all devices.
The ideal Product Designer candidate is someone who is energized by solving a real customer need and delighting them with engaging experiences. They are passionate about elegant solutions and find ways to work toward them balancing priorities and schedules. They present ideas clearly and partner with product management and engineering early in the process to make the team successful.
- Build wireframes and visual designs for new product ideas and scopes.
- Conduct user research and testing early in the product development process.
- Leverage customer feedback, user session recordings, and product insights to drive UX improvements.
- Help build a collaborative product development process with product management and engineering.
- Partner with engineering to develop a reusable design system that works across the application.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design (visual, graphic, interaction), Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years experience in UX design.
- 2+ years working on Consumer digital products (web or mobile).
- Mindset of customer empathy and team success.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Experience in finance, accounting, tax, or crypto industry.
- Consumer/Enterprise SaaS experience.
- Experience implementing design systems.
The base salary range for this role is $160,000 - $200,000. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, and benefits. Actual compensation will vary depending on various job-related factors, including, but not limited to location, experience, level, and job qualifications.
Why you want to work here
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- A robust offering of health, dental, and vision benefits with certain plans eligible for 100% premium coverage
- An investment in your mental wellbeing with free access to Headspace as well as company-wide mental health days/weeks
- A modern 401(k) plan that includes access to crypto, financial wellness benefits, low fees, and more
- Unlimited Time Off - enjoy the flexibility to take time away to rest, refuel, and recharge whenever needed and without worry
- Paid parental leave to bond with your new child
- Inclusive activities such as rock climbing, trivia/game nights, monthly mingles, and more!
- Company-provided Friday Lunches and unlimited snacks/drinks
- Autonomous work and flexibility in how work is performed
- By submitting an application for this role, you certify that the information contained in the application is correct to the best of your knowledge. You understand that to falsify information is grounds for refusing to hire you, or for discharge should you be hired.
- Employment with the Company is at will unless otherwise stated in a written agreement signed by the CEO of the Company. This means that either the Company or the employee can terminate the employment at any time and for any reason, with or without notice.