Tatari is on a mission to revolutionize TV advertising. We work with some of your favorite disruptor brands—like Calm, Fiverr, OneWheel and Chime—to grow their business through linear and streaming TV. We combine a sophisticated media buying platform with proprietary analytics to turn TV advertising into an automated, digital-like experience.
Named one of the Hottest Ad Tech Companies by Business Insider, and Best Places to Work by Inc. Magazine for the third consecutive year, our team includes founders and leaders from Google, Microsoft, Stripe, Shazam, and Facebook. We are growing rapidly as we accelerate our mission to automate the complex landscape of managing and measuring television advertising. We have a long-term goal to make marketing on TV available to businesses of any size.
We are looking for a Staff Backend Engineer to join our Streaming Programmatic team. The team is responsible for the bidding, buying and measuring of streaming television, core to Tatari’s business. This includes data pipelines in and out of DSPs, SSPs and Ad Exchanges, implementation of bid models and measuring streaming television campaigns. As a Senior Engineer, you will play a leading role in the evolution and scaling of our platform. You’ll contribute to system architecture decisions, mentor junior team members, promote best practices, and ship high-quality code to production daily. At Tatari you are empowered to do your best work at a sustainable pace with a stellar group of smart, creative, and humble human beings. Come help us build a television first programmatic buying experience!
- Architect and drive the development of new features
- Collaborate across the organization on system architecture, technology, and scaling decisions
- Design relational and non-relational data models for optimal storage, retrieval, and complex processing/calculations
- Participate in technical architecture discussions and peer code reviews
- Collaborate with data scientists and product managers to understand and design new analytic capabilities
Qualities We’re Looking For (Archetype of a Tatarian):
- You’re hungry, humble, smart, and pragmatic
- You take initiative and ownership
- You thrive in an empowered team built on trust and respect
- You value mentorship and your role helping the team level up
- You love learning and honing your craft
- You value shipping early and often and make good trade-off decisions to get stuff done
- 5+ years developing software with object-oriented and/or functional programming languages - Python preferred
- 3+ years building distributed systems at scale
- 2+ years with a modern data stack (RDS, Redshift, Kafka, Spark, Airflow, DataBricks, lakehouse architectures, real-time databases, dbt, etc.)
- Deep SQL and data modeling expertise
- Experience working across the organization delivering on large impact initiatives
- Competitive salary
- Equity compensation
- 100% coverage for you and your dependents
- Unlimited PTO and sick days
- Snacks, drinks, and catered lunches (when it’s safe!)
- Team building events (when it’s safe!)
- $1000 annual continued education benefit
- $500 WFH reimbursement
- $125 pre-tax monthly stipend to spend on whatever you want
- Annual mental health awareness app reimbursement
- FSA and commuter benefits
- Monthly Company Wellness Day Off (During WFH)
At Tatari, we believe in the importance of cultivating teams with diverse backgrounds and offering equal opportunities to all. We strive to create a welcoming, inclusive environment where every team member feels valued and diversity is celebrated.