Taskrabbit will never use text or chat applications to conduct interviews. We have a thoughtful and interactive interview process that includes an initial recruiter phone screen and several video-based interviews with our hiring teams. Communications will always be conducted by taskrabbit.com domain names.
Taskrabbit is a marketplace platform that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more.
At Taskrabbit, we want to transform lives one task at a time. As a company we celebrate innovation, inclusion and hard work. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
- Taskrabbit is a remote-first company with employees distributed across the US and EU
- 5-time Best Places to Work in 2022 by BuiltIn. Including Best Companies in SF, Best Mid-Sized Companies, and Best Benefits
- DataBird journal’s “Best Places” Best Companies for Diversity, #1 2019 and 2020
- DataBird journal’s “Best Places” Best Companies for Women, #4 2019 and #1 2020
About The Role:
Taskrabbit is seeking an SEO Manager to play a central role in delivering our ambitious growth plans across acquisition, engagement, and retention. Our ideal candidate has a track record of driving high, sustainable and profitable growth for marketplace businesses and experience leading a data-driven test-and-learn approach for growth marketing acceleration.
The SEO Manager is responsible for leading a team on search engine optimization including organic search strategy development, on-page optimization, performance analysis, and reporting. Some key areas of focus for this role will include increasing the current position and ranking new pages through white-hat SEO tactics, technical SEO, and content marketing. The ideal candidate will have a strong passion for staying up to date with SEO/Google/web trends. This person will also represent marketing interests in cross-functional discussions with the product, technology, operations, and business leaders.
We are looking for an SEO leader who can help set the strategy AND execute the key pieces needed to turn SEO into a significant client acquisition channel at Taskrabbit. Use technical website construction knowledge to create on-page and on-site recommendations which help grow SEO visits for Taskrabbit.com.
This is a unique opportunity to make a significant impact in a fast-moving dynamic marketplace by spearheading growth initiatives and driving improvements across the organization. We are looking for a manager to drive our SEO strategy and ensuring our content is search-engine friendly and optimized to increase our site’s visibility and rankings. Additionally, we need someone who can bring innovative growth initiatives to life through analysis, experimentation, and new technologies and tools. This role reports to the Director of Growth Marketing.
Join us in transforming lives, one task at a time.
What You'll Work On:
- Create a comprehensive global SEO strategy to increase Taskrabbit’s traffic and searches from organic search engine rankings across programmatic and editorial content as well as technical improvements.
- Set and manage measurable goals to demonstrate an increase in visitors and recos YoY and against targets and regularly dive into channel metrics.
- Manage a team of SEO specialists to conduct keyword research, technical audits, and any site migrations related to SEO.
- Support cross-functional programs to drive strategic initiatives, cross-channel campaigns, landing page testing, and optimization; including the rollout of the CMS solution; and the use of the blog for SEO purposes.
- Manage SEO blog content and create and improve a streamlined blog content process, and implement SEO best practices.
- Optimize blog structure and layout to improve conversion from blog to the site.
- Support the business objectives and priorities of the marketing team for technical elements of the website.
- Partner with Paid Acquisition team to support Paid Search campaigns: track, report, and analyze website analytics and paid campaigns; provide ongoing recommendations to optimize ad copy and landing pages; perform ongoing keyword discovery, expansion, and optimization; etc.
- Lead analysis which identifies new opportunities on a website's technical construction to enable better Google crawls.
- Work closely with leaders of developer and QA teams participating in development cycles where SEO knowledge is required.
- Stay up to date with the latest Google algorithm components and establish priorities for including updates in sprints.
- Review information architecture on our sites and recommend improvements
Your Areas of Expertise:
- 6+ years experience working in SEO
- Significant hands-on experience managing all SEO activities and expert knowledge of standard and current SEO practices and techniques
- Experience with analytics tools (Google Analytics, Mix Panel, Looker, Optimizely)
- Experience with SEO tools (Ahrefs, Search Console, SEMRush etc.)
- Strong analytical skills - able to measure and analyze data, report on KPIs.
- Demonstrated initiative and a learning mindset to try new things
- Track record of thinking creatively to develop less traditional SEO strategies
- Entrepreneurial, self-starting spirit - comfortable working independently while keeping stakeholders informed on decision making
- Experience with Wordpress a plus
- Educate engineering and QA colleagues on SEO best practices throughout projects
- Design A/B tests aimed at increasing SEO traffic
- Use data and analytics to make data-driven decisions
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Strong writing and editing skills and a passion for story-telling
Compensation & Benefits:
At Taskrabbit, our approach to compensation is designed to be competitive, transparent and equitable. total compensation consists of base pay + bonus + benefits + perks.
The base pay range for this position is $106,000 - $149,000. This range is representative of base pay only, and does not include any other total cash compensation amounts, such as company bonus or benefits. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above, and will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, relevant experience, qualifications, geography, and level.
You’ll love working here because:
- Taskrabbit is a Remote-First Company. We value flexibility and choice but also stay committed to regular in-person connection.
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams -- people you can be proud to work with!
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and are inspired by action.
- The Diverse Culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up half of our leadership team and our diversity representation is above that of the tech industry average.
- The Perks. Taskrabbit offers US employees employer-paid health insurance and a 401k match with immediate vesting. Taskrabbit offers EU employees medical insurance. We offer all of our global employees, generous and flexible time off with 2 company-wide closure weeks, Taskrabbit product stipends, wellness + productivity + education stipends, IKEA discounts, reproductive health support, and more. Benefits vary by country of employment.
Taskrabbit’s commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
An Active Commitment to Equity within our Company and Platform.
We are an inclusive community where all who share our mission and values belong. Our anti-racist culture actively strengthens the knowledge, understanding, and awareness of underrepresented experiences and our ongoing allyship commitment. Our diverse team represents the communities we serve, breaking down systemic barriers, and transforming lives- one action at a time.
Taskrabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Taskrabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Taskrabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.