Taskrabbit will never use text or chat applications to conduct interviews. We have a thoughtful and interactive interview process that includes an initial recruiter phone screen and several video-based interviews with our hiring teams. Communications will always be conducted by taskrabbit.com domain names.
Taskrabbit is a marketplace platform that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more.
At Taskrabbit, we want to transform lives one task at a time. As a company we celebrate innovation, inclusion and hard work. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
- Taskrabbit is a remote-first company with employees distributed across the US and EU
- 5-time Best Places to Work in 2022 by BuiltIn. Including Best Companies in SF, Best Mid-Sized Companies, and Best Benefits
- DataBird journal’s “Best Places” Best Companies for Diversity, #1 2019 and 2020
- DataBird journal’s “Best Places” Best Companies for Women, #4 2019 and #1 2020
About the Role:
As Lead Product Manager of our Payments and Risk team, you will be responsible for owning our global payments and risk platform. You will define the vision and strategy for improving our payments infrastructure, reducing payment processing costs, enabling our global clients to book their jobs easily, and reducing fraud losses. You will partner with stakeholders across different teams, including Partnerships, Trust & Safety, Legal, and Operations teams, to identify problems and opportunities, collaborate on solutions, and lead a cross-functional development team to execute and deliver value to our customers, partners, and business.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about Taskrabbit, marketplaces, and the sharing economy, has experience shipping impactful products, and has led cross-functional teams to success. This candidate must also be personable, collaborative, and flexible, with the drive to manage complex projects across multiple stakeholder groups. You will have a significant impact on Taskrabbit and the customer experience of our clients and partners globally.
What You'll Work On:
- Own the payments and risk platform supporting Taskrabbit and our partners globally.
- Develop and deliver the product roadmap for Payments & Risk to optimize booking rates, reduce payment processing costs, reduce fraud losses, and satisfy compliance and legal needs.
- Drive product definition in collaboration with Engineering, Design, Data, and key business and operational stakeholders to deliver customer and business value quickly, with an eye toward balancing short-term improvements and longer-term investments.
- Manage multiple products and priorities, and ensure your team is effective, healthy, and set up for success by establishing clear and measurable goals.
- Clearly communicate the roadmap and outcomes to internal stakeholders, Taskrabbit senior leadership, and partners.
Your Areas of Expertise:
- You have a minimum of 5 years in the product management field.
- You have at least 2+ years of direct experience leading payments and risk platforms.
- You're an excellent collaborator who gathers input from many sources and distills it into a clear action plan, making and communicating trade-off decisions along the way.
- You take a hypothesis-driven approach to product development and business growth and have a bias toward learning through doing. You know how to employ different types of tests to validate ideas before overinvesting in them.
- You have good business sense and can see the big picture. You can see how impacting one lever in a complex system and marketplace affects many others.
- You’re excellent at execution and consistently get things done, removing roadblocks and rolling up your sleeves whenever necessary to deliver value for our customers.
- You inspire your teams by giving them context and focusing on clear, ambitious goals. You’re comfortable driving urgency and leading a team to quick, impactful decisions to achieve those goals.
- You value clarity in communication and demonstrate that through writing and verbal communication.
Compensation & Benefits
At Taskrabbit, our approach to compensation is designed to be competitive, transparent and equitable. total compensation consists of base pay + bonus + benefits + perks.
The base pay range for this position is $136,000- $210,000. This range is representative of base pay only, and does not include any other total cash compensation amounts, such as company bonus or benefits. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above, and will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, relevant experience, qualifications, geography, and level.
You’ll love working here because:
- Taskrabbit is a Remote-First Company. We value flexibility and choice but also stay committed to regular in-person connection.
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams -- people you can be proud to work with!
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and are inspired by action.
- The Diverse Culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up half of our leadership team and our diversity representation is above that of the tech industry average.
- The Perks. Taskrabbit offers US employees employer-paid health insurance and a 401k match with immediate vesting. Taskrabbit offers EU employees medical insurance. We offer all of our global employees, generous and flexible time off with 2 company-wide closure weeks, Taskrabbit product stipends, wellness + productivity + education stipends, IKEA discounts, reproductive health support, and more. Benefits vary by country of employment.
Taskrabbit’s commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
An Active Commitment to Equity within our Company and Platform.
We are an inclusive community where all who share our mission and values belong. Our anti-racist culture actively strengthens the knowledge, understanding, and awareness of underrepresented experiences and our ongoing allyship commitment. Our diverse team represents the communities we serve, breaking down systemic barriers, and transforming lives- one action at a time.
Taskrabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Taskrabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Taskrabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.