Taskrabbit will never use text or chat applications to conduct interviews. We have a thoughtful and interactive interview process that includes an initial recruiter phone screen and several video-based interviews with our hiring teams. Communications will always be conducted by taskrabbit.com domain names.
- Taskrabbit is a remote-first company with employees distributed across the US and EU
- 4 time Best Places to Work in 2023 by BuiltIn. Including Remote Best Places to Work and Best Midsize Places to Work
- 5 time Best Places to Work in 2022 by BuiltIn. Including Best Companies in SF, Best Mid-Sized Companies, and Best Benefits
- DataBird journal’s “Best Places” Best Companies for Diversity, #1 2019 and 2020
- DataBird journal’s “ Best Places” Best Companies for Women, #4 2019 and #1 2020
You’ll love working here because:
- Taskrabbit is a remote-first company. We value flexibility and choice but also stay committed to regular in-person connection.
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams -- people you can be proud to work with!
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and are inspired by action
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up half of our leadership team and our diversity representation is above that of the tech industry average
- The perks. Taskrabbit offers employee-paid health insurance, 401k match with immediate vesting, generous and flexible time off with 2 company-wide closure weeks, Taskrabbit product stipends, wellness + productivity + education stipends, IKEA discounts, reproductive health support, and more
About the Team
We’re problem-solvers and self-starters, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, you’ll work across teams to dig deep into impactful projects that are changing the way people get their tasks done and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
Taskrabbit is looking for an experienced Senior Security Engineer to help lead the next phase of taskrabbit’s growth. As a Senior Security Engineer you will implement security tooling, triage and resolve security incidents, develop and implement security processes and policies. As a security engineer, you will help ensure that that sensitive data is kept confidential. You will make sure we have the right software and hardware in place, document and report security threats, as well as to take measures to prevent these threats from being carried out.
Join us in transforming lives, one task at a time.
You will be:
- Developing, executing and tracking the performance of security measures to protect information and network infrastructure and computer systems.
- Design computer security strategy and engineer comprehensive cybersecurity architecture.
- Identify, define and document system security requirements and recommend solutions to management.
- Configure, troubleshoot and maintain security infrastructure software and hardware.
- Install software that monitors systems and networks for security breaches and intrusions.
- Monitor systems for irregular behavior and set up preventive measures.
- Plan, develop, implement and update the company's information security strategy.
- Educate and train staff on information system security best practices.
- Handle security incidents and resolve them efficiently
- Develop and maintain, track and measure vendor reviews
- Assist in yearly pen tests, audits and work with service team to address these matters
You should have:
- At least 5+ years of experience in Security Space.
- Experience with build automation and configuration Security tools (e.g. Bridgecrew, Crowdstrike, Bugcrowd,)
- Incident response experience
- Have experience in Terraform, Python, Java, or Ruby
- Software development background is a plus
- Strong knowledge of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) ecosystem and other core AWS technologies, GuardDuty, Control Tower, ElasticSearch Service, RDS, WAF, CloudFront, etc.
- Experience supporting 24x7, high availability internet application environments that include web, application, and database servers and load balancing systems.
- AWS Certification a plus
- Have the ability to discuss cloud architecture and provide engineering teams with guidance on security risks, tools, controls and policies
- Excellent written and communication skills
Taskrabbit is a marketplace platform that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more.
At Taskrabbit, we want to transform lives one task at a time. As a company we celebrate innovation, inclusion and hard work. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
Taskrabbit’s commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
An Active Commitment to Equity within our Company and Platform.
We are an inclusive community where all who share our mission and values belong. Our anti-racist culture actively strengthens the knowledge, understanding, and awareness of underrepresented experiences and our ongoing allyship commitment. Our diverse team represents the communities we serve, breaking down systemic barriers, and transforming lives- one action at a time.
Taskrabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Taskrabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Taskrabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law