Taskrabbit will never use text or chat applications to conduct interviews. We have a thoughtful and interactive interview process that includes an initial recruiter phone screen and several video-based interviews with our hiring teams.
Communications will always be conducted by taskrabbit.com domain names.
- Taskrabbit is a remote-first company with employees distributed across the USA!
- Builtin's "Best Places To Work", 5 lists including: Austin Best Midsize Companies to Work For & SF Best Places to Work!
- DataBird journal’s “Best Places” Best Companies for Diversity, #1 2019 and 2020
- DataBird journal’s “ Best Places” Best Companies for Women, #4 2019 and #1 2020
About the Job
Taskrabbit is looking for an experienced Senior Engineering Manager to help lead the next phase of taskrabbit’s growth. As the Senior Engineering Manager for the Partnerships, you will manage a team of engineers and you will be responsible for enabling taskrabbit to unite with some of the biggest brands on the planet to offer taskrabbit services to their customers, including IKEA, our parent company. Partnerships are a critical growth engine for taskrabbit and one of our top strategic priorities. In this role, you and your team will be responsible for bringing our partnerships initiatives to life and ensuring that we deliver an amazing experience for Clients, added value for Partners, and a meaningful source of income for Taskers on our platform. You will partner with Product and Engineering leadership to develop the infrastructure and features required.
Taskrabbit is a rapidly growing, fast-moving company, and the right candidate will be able to balance business needs with long term foundational investments. In addition, you will work closely with other Engineering leaders as well as your counterparts in Product, Design, and Data to help build the Product Development discipline at taskrabbit—the right candidate will be excited about contributing to the broader functional organization, both by mentoring engineers, and by helping to shape taskrabbit’s processes and team culture.
Join us in creating a better everyday life for everyday people.
- Attracting, building and managing a team of talented engineers to deliver the platform and user experience features needed for partnerships.
- Ensuring your team is effective, healthy and set up for success by establishing clear and measurable goals.
- Implementing best practices to continuously improve accuracy of scope estimations, engineering velocity and code quality.
- Partnering with Partnerships product and other engineering teams to align strategy.
- Articulating technical plans and challenges to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Proactively communicating progress and blockers to partners in Product, Design, Data, and other Engineering teams.
- 4+ years of experience as a manager with a track record of hiring and developing a team of talented and productive engineers
- Understanding of how to apply data science to decision-making for our customers
- Ability to clearly define success metrics for your team, and align and motivate your team to deliver against these metrics
- Ability to drive execution and ensure that all teams are consistently shipping product and delivering customer value
- Ability to set ambitious goals but take a pragmatic approach to reaching them
- Bonus points for prior experience working with partnerships
Taskrabbit is a marketplace platform that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more. Acquired by IKEA Group - the world’s largest furniture retailer - in 2017
At taskrabbit, we want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether it’s a handyman (or woman!), a housecleaner, moving help or delivery person, we’re imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier. As a company we celebrate innovation, inclusion and hard work.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, taskrabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to eight countries and 75+ cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love - and have a ton of fun while they’re at it.
You’ll love working here because:
- Taskrabbit is a remote first company. We recognize that talented people live all over the world.
- Collaboration hub offices in San Francisco, Austin and London
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams -- people you can be proud to work with!
- Senior Leadership Team 75% women
- Director Level 86% Diverse
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and are inspire by action.
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team and leadership, and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all over the world.
- The perks: Taskrabbit offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision 100% covered for employees, 401k plan with company matching, generous and flexible vacation and holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning and development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly taskrabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, weekly meditations, and a dog-friendly office
Equal Opportunity Employer
Taskrabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Taskrabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Taskrabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.