Taskrabbit will never use text or chat applications to conduct interviews. We have a thoughtful and interactive interview process that includes an initial recruiter phone screen and several video-based interviews with our hiring teams.
Communications will always be conducted by taskrabbit.com domain names.
- Taskrabbit is a remote-first company with employees distributed across the USA!
- Builtin's "Best Places To Work", 5 lists including: Austin Best Midsize Companies to Work For & SF Best Places to Work!
- DataBird journal’s “Best Places” Best Companies for Diversity, #1 2019 and 2020
- DataBird journal’s “ Best Places” Best Companies for Women, #4 2019 and #1 2020
About the Job
The Platform team is responsible for building tools and services that enable taskrabbit developers to be efficient and productive. We govern, architect, and build required services that aim to provide high-quality tools for writing, testing, and debugging code. Additionally, many core aspects of architecture are owned by this team. We work in a rapidly iterative environment where we ship new code every day.
As a Staff Engineer, you will join a team that designs, builds, evolves, and maintains the foundational backend ecosystem that reduces development time at taskrabbit. Your decisions will have a significant impact on the productivity of engineers. There’s a lot of work to do to make our platform even more reliable and powerful than it is today.
Join us in creating a better everyday life for everyday people.
- Designing & driving new changes that increase the productivity of engineers.
- Influence and collaborate with engineering leaders, product managers, and the business to develop a unified approach to engineering at taskrabbit
- Collaborate with other programmers to design and implement features.
- Work with Product Managers, cross-team engineers, data engineers, and user experience (UX) in Developer Platform
- Overall 8+ years of experience in software development.
- Experience in building API-driven applications or endpoints.
- Experience in MySQL, Redis, and/or ElasticSearch.
- Experience in building developer platforms, defining the strategy, and providing technical direction to the group to get those executed.
- Strong design and architecture skills
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Passion for improving the developer experience and mentorship.
- Like to think about how to break problems down into smaller iterable steps.
You might be a fit if you have:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Enjoy helping organize and scope high-priority projects and plans to keep us moving forward.
- Have great attention to detail and quality.
- Love collaborating together with a tight-knit team.
Taskrabbit is a marketplace platform that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more. Acquired by IKEA Group - the world’s largest furniture retailer - in 2017
At taskrabbit, we want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether it’s a handyman (or woman!), a housecleaner, moving help or delivery person, we’re imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier. As a company we celebrate innovation, inclusion and hard work.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, taskrabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to eight countries and 75+ cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love - and have a ton of fun while they’re at it.
You’ll love working here because:
- Taskrabbit is a remote first company. We recognize that talented people live all over the world.
- Collaboration hub offices in San Francisco, Austin and London
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams -- people you can be proud to work with!
- Senior Leadership Team 75% women
- Director Level 86% Diverse
- The Values.
- Care Deeply: We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and are inspire by action.
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team and leadership, and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all over the world.
- The perks: Taskrabbit offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision 100% covered for employees, 401k plan with company matching, generous and flexible vacation and holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning and development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly taskrabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, weekly meditations, and a dog-friendly office
Equal Opportunity Employer
Taskrabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Taskrabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Taskrabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.