Taskrabbit will never use text or chat applications to conduct interviews. We have a thoughtful and interactive interview process that includes an initial recruiter phone screen and several video-based interviews with our hiring teams.
Communications will always be conducted by taskrabbit.com domain names.
- Taskrabbit is a remote-first company with employees distributed across the USA!
- builtin's "Best Places To Work", 5 lists including: Austin Best Midsize Companies to Work For & SF Best Places to Work!
- DataBird journal’s “Best Places” Best Companies for Diversity, #1 2019 and 2020
- DataBird journal’s “ Best Places” Best Companies for Women, #4 2019 and #1 2020
Each day brings more chores and less time to accomplish them. Whether someone needs a handyman, house cleaner, mover, or delivery person, Taskrabbit delights clients by matching the right skilled person in minutes. With our support, our customers can accomplish it all not only today but also on demand to be their most productive selves. On the other side of the marketplace, we help our Taskers earn a living by setting their own prices, defining their working hours, and giving them control to help people when and how they want in the most supportive marketplace.
We're a mission-driven company. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We're looking for talented, entrepreneurially minded, and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love - and having a ton of fun while they're at it.
Join us to revolutionize everyday work.
About the Job
Taskrabbit is looking for a talented product leader to lead the development and execution of a strategic roadmap of product extensions. As the Director of Product - New Ventures, you will work closely with the Senior Leadership Team and other business leaders in the company to pursue significant new avenues for growth, primarily working just outside the core Taskrabbit business. In this role, you and your team will be responsible for bringing new ventures to life, incubating and iterating new product concepts, while ensuring that we deliver an amazing experience for Clients, added value for Partners, and a meaningful source of income for Taskers on our platform. You will play a leadership role in building up a new cross-functional team across Product, Engineering, Design, and Data.
- Drive Taskrabbit’s new product vision, strategy, and roadmap, helping identify and unlock new opportunities for Taskrabbit’s growth.
- Attract, recruit and manage a team of talented product managers who in turn lead product development of their respective teams.
- Develop a keen understanding of the needs of the Taskrabbit marketplace and how to effectively apply it to new ventures and integrate it with 3rd parties.
- Set the direction for your team of product managers as well as engineers, designers, and data to deliver an amazing experience for Partners, Clients, and Taskers.
- Manage multiple product areas, scale teams, and ensure your org is effective, healthy, and set up for success by hiring top talent and establishing clear and measurable goals.
- Develop and execute on a learning agenda to inform, iterate and optimize new concepts to achieve near-term objectives and longer-term success at scale
- Develop and communicate roadmaps, priorities, experiments, and decisions across a wide spectrum of audiences from partner teams to executive levels.
- Drive cross-functional collaboration with engineering, design, and data along with key stakeholders, other product teams, and the leadership team
- Work across groups to create a connected vision for building a scalable business that aligns with our customers’ needs
- People Leadership: You're an experienced leader with a track record of hiring, developing, and inspiring a team of talented and ambitious product managers
- Strategic Vision: You possess strong business acumen and can establish and drive a strategic product vision in support of business and customer goals
- Data-Driven: You use use research and data to inform decisions and apply test and learn methodologies to hone your product and tune your roadmap
- Pragmatism: You understand how to build consumer-facing experiences and how to balance business needs with longer-term improvements and technical investments
- Collaborative: You’re skilled at cross-functional leadership and naturally collaborate across multiple domains to motivate and drive alignment
- Outcome-Oriented: You can clearly define success metrics at the organizational level, and articulate how teams and projects are contributing to them
- Strong Communicator: You are comfortable and confident presenting to senior leadership and can craft a clear strategic narrative
- Action-Oriented: You have a strong bias for execution and ensure that all teams are consistently shipping products and delivering customer value
- Integration Experience: You have experience with complex 3rd party integrations and understand the unique challenges and opportunities they present.
- Marketplace Expertise: Bonus points for prior experience working with 2-sided marketplaces
You’ll love working here because:
- Taskrabbit is a remote first company. We recognize that talented people live all over the world.
- Collaboration hub offices in San Francisco, Austin and London
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams -- people you can be proud to work with!
- Senior Leadership Team 50% women
- Director Level 86% Diverse
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and are inspire by action.
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team and leadership, and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all over the world.
- The perks. Taskrabbit offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision 100% covered for employees, 401k plan with company matching, generous and flexible vacation and holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning and development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly Taskrabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, weekly meditations, and a dog-friendly office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Taskrabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Taskrabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Taskrabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.