TaskRabbit will never use text or chat applications to conduct interviews. We have a thoughtful and interactive interview process that includes an initial recruiter phone screen and several video-based interviews with our hiring teams.
Communications will always be conducted by taskrabbit.com domain names.
- TaskRabbit is a remote-first company with employees distributed across the USA!
- builtin's "Best Places To Work", 5 lists including: Austin Best Midsize Companies to Work For & SF Best Places to Work!
- DataBird journal’s “Best Places” Best Companies for Diversity, #1 2019 and 2020
- DataBird journal’s “ Best Places” Best Companies for Women, #4 2019 and #1 2020
About the Job
We're looking for a senior product designer to uncover user pain points, prototype concepts, and bring those concepts to life with highly engaging, easy to understand, and modern looking designs for our web and mobile products. As a member of the TaskRabbit User Experience & Design team you will design products for TaskRabbit's Clients and Taskers. At TaskRabbit, you'll have the opportunity to define how users interact and use our applications within the sharing economy and be a true innovator in the services space.
This position works closely with product designers, researchers, product managers, engineers, data analysts and stakeholders to create designs that reflect business requirements, support user needs, delight, and are technically feasible. Qualified candidates will be experienced product designers who can solve problems and turn ideas into elegant solutions and finished mocks, with a keen focus on user acquisition, conversion, retention, and other success metrics.
Join us in creating a better everyday life for everyday people.
** Along with your resume, please submit a link to your online portfolio **
- Use your strong written and verbal communication skills to move projects forward
- Demonstrate grit and accountability
- Understand and advocate for everyday Clients on our Marketplace
- Stay sharp on our tools and practices, bring new techniques and methods to the team
- Use storytelling to influence and persuade your audience
- Mentor your peers to become better designers
- Set the bar for design craft, best practices in Figma, interaction design, and handoff
- Plan, conduct, and synthesize user research
- Communicate and collaborate to establish timelines for projects, get regular feedback on designs, and move projects forward to completion
- Contribute quality patterns and documentation to our Design System, Meadow
- Uphold our design team values
- Share early, share often
- 4-5+ years of experience in a product design role (UX and visual design)
- Expert-level knowledge and speed working in Figma
- Interaction design and prototyping skills (Haiku, Flow, Principle, Marvel, etc)
- A portfolio showcasing modern looking consumer-facing web & mobile applications that have shipped and that were impactful for the company
- Consistent ability to apply a brand's design system and interaction patterns
- Able to facilitate cross-functional activities in Figjam or Miro
- Hands-on, direct experience conducting user research studies and interviews
- Effectively conduct research to make informed data-driven user-centric decisions
- Experience working in Agile development environments with engineers and PMs
- A positive attitude, an open mind, and a desire to collaborate and learn
- Strong communication skills; the ability to clearly explain your design decisions and process to anyone in the company
- A strategic thinker, able to think big picture and make recommendations at the 10,000 foot level for the product
- Able to work through complex workflows and consider all the edge cases
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Design system experience
- Multi-sided marketplace experience
TaskRabbit is a marketplace platform that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more. Acquired by IKEA Group - the world’s largest furniture retailer - in 2017
At TaskRabbit, we want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether it’s a handyman (or woman!), a housecleaner, moving help or delivery person, we’re imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier. As a company we celebrate innovation, inclusion and hard work.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to eight countries and 75+ cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love - and have a ton of fun while they’re at it.
You’ll love working here because:
- TaskRabbit is a remote first company. We recognize that talented people live all over the world.
- Collaboration hub offices in San Francisco, Austin and London
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams -- people you can be proud to work with!
- Senior Leadership Team 75% women
- Director Level 86% Diverse
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and are inspire by action.
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team and leadership, and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all over the world.
- The perks. TaskRabbit offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision 100% covered for employees, 401k plan with company matching, generous and flexible vacation and holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning and development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly TaskRabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, weekly meditations, and a dog-friendly office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TaskRabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. TaskRabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
TaskRabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.