TaskRabbit will never use text or chat applications to conduct interviews. We have a thoughtful and interactive interview process that includes an initial recruiter phone screen and several video-based interviews with our hiring teams.
Communications will always be conducted by taskrabbit.com domain names.
- TaskRabbit is a remote-first company with employees distributed across the USA!
- DataBird journal’s “Best Places” Best Companies for Diversity, #1 2019 and 2020
- DataBird journal’s “ Best Places” Best Companies for Women, #4 2019 and #1 2020
About the Job
The Tasker engineering team is focused on providing a first-class mobile experience for our Taskers — service providers that make up the heart and soul of the TaskRabbit marketplace. Our team provides them with the tools they need to thrive on our platform: from onboarding to job management, and from that first invoice to a steady income that puts them completely in control. We play a vital role in both the success of TaskRabbit as well as the success of thousands of people that have used us to find work. We achieve this through strong collaboration with Product Managers, Designers, and other business stakeholders with a focus on scalability and impact.
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer on the Tasker team, you'll be responsible for delivering high-quality code that supports both our mobile framework as well as our backend architecture and API. You'll have the opportunity to partner with cross-functional stakeholders and guide projects through the development life cycle, from gathering requirements to building to deploying. We'll look to you to leverage and improve existing solutions in our codebase while also identifying opportunities and driving discussions for best practices and performance gains.
Join us in creating a better everyday life for everyday people.
You will be:
- Collaborating with design and product management to conceptualize new product features from the ground up.
- Contributing to our technical roadmap of ongoing improvements, enhancements and updates.
- Solving complex problems related to debugging, testing, and deploying code.
- Mentoring more junior software engineers to help them think through designs, code implementation, and how to break down their goals into actionable steps.
- Participating in code reviews while providing feedback and guidance.
- Investing in the documentation of best practices and coding patterns.
- Collaborating across engineering teams to promote consistency.
You should have:
- 5+ years of experience delivering scalable and maintainable applications.
- Proficiency with all parts of the software development lifecycle, including testing and release management.
- Experience building API-driven applications.
- Strong analytical and communication skills. We’re a distributed team with flexible working hours, so we’re extra mindful about communication.
- A willingness to both collaborate and work independently.
It would be a plus if you have:
- Experience with REST, GraphQL or any Federated API design.
- Experience with double-sided marketplaces.
- Experience leading and delivering cross-functional projects.
- A growth mindset and a desire to learn, teach, and mentor others.
TaskRabbit is a marketplace platform that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more. Acquired by IKEA Group - the world’s largest furniture retailer - in 2017
At TaskRabbit, we want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether it’s a handyman (or woman!), a housecleaner, moving help or delivery person, we’re imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier. As a company we celebrate innovation, inclusion and hard work.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to eight countries and 75+ cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love - and have a ton of fun while they’re at it.
You’ll love working here because:
- TaskRabbit is a remote first company. We recognize that talented people live all over the world.
- Collaboration hub offices in San Francisco, Austin and London
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams -- people you can be proud to work with!
- Senior Leadership Team 75% women
- Director Level 86% Diverse
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and are inspire by action.
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team and leadership, and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all over the world.
- The perks. TaskRabbit offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision 100% covered for employees, 401k plan with company matching, generous and flexible vacation and holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning and development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly TaskRabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, weekly meditations, and a dog-friendly office
Equal Opportunity Employer
TaskRabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. TaskRabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
TaskRabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.