About the job
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded on the premise of neighbours helping neighbours. Since then, our network has grown to eight countries and thousands of cities, and together with IKEA we have big ambitions for growth in the years ahead. We are therefore looking for a talented and experienced Social Media Specialist for Europe, to help supercharge our growth in the region.
We’re looking for someone who lives and breathes social media, with their finger firmly on the pulse of the latest cultural zeitgeists and social trends. The ideal candidate is scrappy yet strategic, a master wordsmith, and passionate about creating and engaging online communities. They will act as the voice of TaskRabbit and will have ownership over developing a social presence that drives brand affinity and helps achieve business goals.
There is a huge opportunity to deliver value to our brand and our communities via social media, so this candidate needs to be ready to hit the ground running. Join us in creating a better everyday life for everyday people.
🌎 Location: TaskRabbit is a remote-first company so you are welcome to work from home as much or little as you please. We have a brand-new dog-friendly office in Farringdon for employees that would like to work there.
📆 Contract length: Initial twelve month contract, starting ASAP.
💰 Salary: £40,000 plus annual bonus
✅ Perks: TaskRabbit offers a range of fantastic benefits worth more than £8,500 per year, including: monthly credits to spend on TaskRabbit, stipends for wellness, productivity, family planning and learning & development. Private medical insurance and an additional dental stipend. Plus 15% discount on IKEA purchases.
👥 Diverse culture: We believe we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We’re proud that 86% of our Director team is diverse, and 75% of the Senior Leadership team is female.
- Develop and implement an organic social media strategy from concept to execution to achieve business goals and build brand awareness.
- Partner with creative teams to create thumb-stopping social content that resonates with followers and captures TaskRabbit’s brand voice.
- Collaborate with the country marketing managers to align on integrated campaigns and marketing plans that drive towards our goals.
- Support PR colleagues with influencer activity, providing counsel on best practice.
- Stay up-to-date on industry, competitor and cultural trends to align social strategy with broader marketing and partnership initiatives. Act as TaskRabbit’s eyes and ears on the ground, sharing relevant trends along with community sentiment and feedback with relevant stakeholders.
- Leverage our followers to generate and acquire high-quality user-generated content.
- Regularly track, analyse and report on the performance of campaigns, content and overall channel health.
- Engage with our community, creating brand goodwill, and building relationships with key influencers, super fans and partnerships. Partner with customer support on community management.
- Grow audience and engagement on existing channels (Instagram, Facebook), and develop strategies for introducing new channels.
- Primary focus on the UK market but with a European outlook and support across all countries (Spain, France, Germany, Italy, Portugal).
- 2-4 years of experience in Social Media marketing.
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, TikTok and general social media best practises.
- Innate understanding of how to make content engaging and exciting for users, experience with tools like Canva and/or Adobe Photoshop is a bonus.
- Highly organised with great time management skills; you can multitask and meet deadlines, while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- Team player with excellent communication skills and a positive, can-do attitude. Comfortable working through ambiguity to make progress.
- Fluent in English. Added bonus for fluency in Spanish, German or French.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TaskRabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. TaskRabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. TaskRabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
TaskRabbit will never use text or chat applications to conduct interviews. We have a thoughtful and interactive interview process that includes an initial recruiter phone screen and several video-based interviews with our hiring teams. Communications will always be conducted by taskrabbit.com domain names.
- TaskRabbit is a remote-first company with employees distributed across the USA and UK!
- DataBird journal’s “Best Places” Best Companies for Diversity, #1 2019 and 2020
- DataBird journal’s “ Best Places” Best Companies for Women, #4 2019 and #1 2020
- BuiltIn - 5 time Best Places to Work 2022