TaskRabbit will never use text or chat applications to conduct interviews. We have a thoughtful and interactive interview process that includes an initial recruiter phone screen and several video-based interviews with our hiring teams.
Communications will always be conducted by taskrabbit.com domain names.
- TaskRabbit is a remote-first company with employees distributed across the USA and UK!
- DataBird journal’s “Best Places” Best Companies for Diversity, #1 2019 and 2020
- DataBird journal’s “ Best Places” Best Companies for Women, #4 2019 and #1 2020
About the Job
The TaskRabbit marketing team plays a critical role in driving client acquisition, engagement, and retention. As the Social Media Specialist, you will act as the voice of TaskRabbit and develop a social media presence that drives brand affinity and helps achieve business goals. At the core you live and breathe social media and have a pulse on all the latest cultural and social trends. The ideal candidate is scrappy yet strategic, a master wordsmith, and passionate about creating and engaging online communities. They must be fluent in English and also another European language (Spanish, French or German). This is a 12 month contract role reporting to the UK Marketing Manager.
Join us in creating a better everyday life for everyday people.
- Develop and implement organic social media strategy from concept to execution to achieve business goals and build brand awareness. Primary focus on the UK market but with a European outlook and support across all countries (Spain, France, Germany, Italy, Portugal).
- Partner with creative teams to create fresh, original social content (copy, images, graphics, video, campaigns etc.) that resonates with followers and captures TaskRabbit’s brand voice.
- Collaborate with the country marketing managers to align on integrated campaigns and marketing plans that drive towards our goals.
- Support PR colleagues with influencer activity, providing counsel on best practice.
- Stay up-to-date on industry and cultural trends to align social strategy with broader marketing and partnership initiatives
- Leverage our followers to generate and acquire high-quality user-generated content
- Regularly track, analyze, and report on the performance of campaigns, content, and overall channel health
- Act as TaskRabbit’s eyes and ears on the ground, sharing follower sentiment and feedback with relevant stakeholders
- Ensure all social media content adheres to the TaskRabbit brand standards
- Partner with customer support in responding to comments daily, moving to DM or directly to CS where appropriate
- Engage with our community, creating brand goodwill, and building relationships with key influencers and super fans
- Grow audience and engagement on existing channels (Instagram, Facebook), and develop strategies for new channels we’re not currently on
- Fluent in English, plus at least one other language: Spanish, German or French.
- 2-4 years of experience as a Social Media Specialist or similar role
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, TikTok and general social media best practices
- Ability to find fresh ways to make content engaging and exciting for users
- Collaborates well across teams, with excellent communication skills and comfort working through ambiguity to make progress
TaskRabbit is a marketplace platform that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more. Acquired by IKEA Group - the world’s largest furniture retailer - in 2017
At TaskRabbit, we want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether it’s a handyman (or woman!), a housecleaner, moving help or delivery person, we’re imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier. As a company we celebrate innovation, inclusion and hard work.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to eight countries and 75+ cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love - and have a ton of fun while they’re at it.
You’ll love working here because:
- TaskRabbit is a remote first company. We recognize that talented people live all over the world.
- Collaboration hub offices in San Francisco, Austin and London
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams -- people you can be proud to work with!
- Senior Leadership Team 75% women
- Director Level 86% Diverse
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and are inspire by action.
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team and leadership, and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all over the world.
- The perks. TaskRabbit offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision 100% covered for employees, 401k plan with company matching, generous and flexible vacation and holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning and development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly TaskRabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, weekly meditations, and a dog-friendly office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TaskRabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. TaskRabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
TaskRabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.