TaskRabbit will never use text or chat applications to conduct interviews. We have a thoughtful and interactive interview process that includes an initial recruiter phone screen and several video-based interviews with our hiring teams.
Communications will always be conducted by taskrabbit.com domain names.
- TaskRabbit is a remote-first company with employees distributed across the USA!
- DataBird journal’s “Best Places” Best Companies for Diversity, #1 2019 and 2020
- DataBird journal’s “ Best Places” Best Companies for Women, #4 2019 and #1 2020
About the Job
As The Business Analyst for the Marketplace team you will play an integral role in the monitoring & evaluation of our marketplace operations. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with a strong team of data scientists, engineers, product managers, project managers, marketing managers and operation agents to create & report marketplace metrics. You’ll bring together data from many different internal & external sources to define success & measure opportunities in our marketplaces. You will create real-time Looker dashboards & reports that will communicate across our organization. The ideal candidate will pair a strong academic background with a pragmatic approach to problem solving. Your intellectual curiosity and desire to learn overcome your fear of failure. You are passionate about markets & analytics and you excel in team environments.
Join us in creating a better everyday life for
- Define and evaluate key metrics. Investigate and document the levers that impact each.
- Devise, build and maintain routine reports, dashboards and visualizations to be used across functions.
- Aggregate data from multiple sources to define and describe business related issues and their impacts
- Investigate fraud trends to recognize patterns, identify root causes and propose actionable solutions as well as drivers of improved trust at key moments in the experience that correlates to improved customer retention and loyalty.
- Clearly communicate analyses and recommendations to stakeholders to inform decisions throughout the company.
- Empower the team to independently answer data questions quickly and easily by building high-quality accessible data sets and training the team to use them.
- Perform advanced statistical analysis including research studies and tests in order to identify, [in]validate, and implement policy, process, tool, and program improvements
- Build and iterate on decision support models that continuously improve decisions/actions on claims and cases leading to progressively improved customer satisfaction, reduced risk, and higher consistency or even automation.
- 4+ years industry experience in a quantitative analysis role
- Strong experience with SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to create metrics and KPIs
- Excited about working with large data sets
- Ability to identify critical business problems and create analytical/modeling solutions
- Ability to translate complex findings and results into a compelling narrative
- Background in statistics and experimentation or acquired knowledge in this area.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to cross-functional partners of varying technical levels
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work effectively with various departments in different time zones.
- Ability to handle multiple projects from scoping to execution.
- Ability to work with disparate data to contextualize opportunities and their impacts
- Excellent time-management skills and attention to detail.
- Experience in Operations Research, Optimization, or Operational Analysis is a plus
- Adapts well to a fast-paced working environment.
- Experience with Looker, Tableau, or similar tool is a plus.
- Experience with ZenDesk, identity verification and fraud tools a plus.
- Professional, positive, and approachable attitude.
TaskRabbit is a marketplace platform that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more. Acquired by IKEA Group - the world’s largest furniture retailer - in 2017
At TaskRabbit, we want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether it’s a handyman (or woman!), a housecleaner, moving help or delivery person, we’re imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier. As a company we celebrate innovation, inclusion and hard work.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to eight countries and 75+ cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love - and have a ton of fun while they’re at it.
You’ll love working here because:
- TaskRabbit is a remote first company. We recognize that talented people live all over the world.
- Collaboration hub offices in San Francisco, Austin and London
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams -- people you can be proud to work with!
- Senior Leadership Team 75% women
- Director Level 86% Diverse
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and are inspire by action.
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team and leadership, and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all over the world.
- The perks. TaskRabbit offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision 100% covered for employees, 401k plan with company matching, generous and flexible vacation and holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning and development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly TaskRabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, weekly meditations, and a dog-friendly office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TaskRabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. TaskRabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
TaskRabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.