At TaskRabbit, we want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether it’s a handyman (or woman!), a housecleaner, moving help or delivery person, we’re imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to three countries and 45+ cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love - and have a ton of fun while they’re at it.
About the Job
Join us in creating a better everyday life for everyday people.
- Build mobile and web applications focused on Clients, Taskers, and internal users
- On any given day you might help us remove friction from the hiring process or think through a schema for a new product feature
- Collaborate with design and product management to conceptualize a new product feature from the ground up
- Work alongside the junior engineers to help them think through designs, code implementation, and know how to break down their goals into actionable steps
- Comfortable working on small amount of mobile native code on iOS and Android that interfaces with the React Native application.
- Provide feedback through code reviews and white boarding sessions
- Maintain and expand unit tests and code coverage
- Implement product features and refactor existing code throughout the stack
- 5+ Years experience, comfortable mentoring junior engineers
- Follow advances in browser technology and get excited about things like Service Workers and Promises
- Familiar with automated testing and JS build and packaging systems like Webpack, Grunt, Bower, and Yeoman.
- Prefer to work with continuous integration and frequent, daily releases
- Understand how to organize code across the stack, what belongs in the front end, what the back
- Comfortable making trade offs between maintainability, time to market, and feature set
- Know how to break problems down into smaller iterable steps achievable quickly
- Be comfortable with caching and understanding full lifecycle behavior of data flowing through the system
- Knowledge of Ruby, MySQL, Redis, Rails, React, and ElasticSearch all a plus but not required
- Agile. Intelligent. Creative. Problem-solver. Startup lover. You like making things happen.
- We care about experience, not degrees. We're looking for people that can demonstrate their mastery of programming.
- You have contributed to an open source software project. Show us your github account, we'd love to see what you're passionate about.
- You're familiar with our product and have some ideas on things you'd want to add or change!
You’ll love working here because:
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams -- people you can be proud to work with!
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and inspire by action.
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team and leadership, and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all over the world.
- The perks. TaskRabbit offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation and holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning and development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly TaskRabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, free lunch, weekly meditations, charity events, and a dog-friendly office.
TaskRabbit is a task management network that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more. Acquired by IKEA Group - the world’s largest furniture retailer - in 2017, TaskRabbit operates in the United States, the United Kingdom and Canada and is expanding its global reach rapidly.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded in 2008 on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to three countries, 45 cities and over 140,000 Taskers, yet our core mission has remained the same. We want to make everyday life easier for everyday people. And by doing that, we can make your neighborhood a little more familiar.
In 2017, TaskRabbit launched TaskRabbit for Good (TR4G), which connects neighbors to build sustainable and compassionate communities. TaskRabbit for Good was created to make it easier for neighbors to give back locally and make a positive impact in communities around the world. TaskRabbit donates a portion of its service fee from all TR4G initiatives to best-in-class local non-profit organizations tackling social and environmental challenges.
TaskRabbit’s headquarters is located in the heart of San Francisco, with three other offices in New York City, Austin, and London.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TaskRabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. TaskRabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
TaskRabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.