At TaskRabbit, we want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether it’s a handyman (or woman!), a housecleaner, moving help or delivery person, we’re imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to six countries and 45+ cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love - and have a ton of fun while they’re at it.
About the Job
Reporting to the CFO, the Sr. Tax Manager will oversee all global tax related matters including tax planning and strategy, and tax compliance, in the area of Direct and Indirect Tax, including transfer pricing, structuring and tax audits. This newly created position will be crucial in guiding TaskRabbit through strategic tax planning, compliance related projects as the company embarks on the next stage of growth and operational maturity. The ideal candidate is a big-picture, strategic thinker with a roll-up their sleeves and execution mindset. This role will require a technical hands on candidate that is detail oriented, with strong organizational and communication skills and technical acumen in both US and International tax. This is a key leadership role within the CFO organization and will require collaboration across Finance, Accounting, Legal, Product, Operations, and many other leaders across the business.
Join us in creating a better everyday life for everyday people.
- Responsible for all aspects of US and global direct and indirect tax compliance and planning, and the accounting for income taxes under US GAAP
- Develop and implement a global tax strategy and structure as TaskRabbit continues to expand its global footprint and present global tax strategies, including transfer pricing strategy and recommendation on corporate structure from a tax perspective, to the management team
- Implement technology improvements related to tax compliance and reporting
- Act as primary point of contact for our related companies on all tax topics as well as outside advisors and consultants who assist in tax preparation and complex tax matters.
- Establish and maintain formal tax policies, practices and procedures to ensure US GAAP compliance and strong internal controls
- Develop, implement and maintain global indirect tax policies, procedures and internal controls
- Drive the resolution of tax issues related to audits, mergers and acquisitions, and new business initiatives
- Develop tax controls framework and its effective implementation.
- Provide guidance on proposed and enacted tax legislation, keeping abreast of tax law changes in the US and foreign jurisdictions to manage risk and identify potential planning opportunities
- Work alongside the Accounting, Finance, Legal, Operations, People Operations teams and other cross-functional leaders across the Company on projects related to challenges we will face as a growing, multinational Company
You are a proactive thought leader who can initiate and drive a wide variety of value-creation and operational efficiencies with a roll-up your sleeves and execute mindset. You are detail oriented and demonstrate both a strong sense of ownership and good business sense. You possess a strong collaborative approach and are able to build effective relationships with colleagues both within Finance and cross-functional departments. You have strong communication skills that are able to communicate activities and findings both in written and verbal form to management and auditors, and to explain complex matters to people with different backgrounds. You take initiative and are able to work in a dynamic environment across all levels of management and across functions and geographies with minimal supervision.
- Extensive knowledge on multiple tax jurisdictions in the US and Europe
- Strong technical knowledge of accounting principles, including income tax and accounting for income taxes
- Good knowledge of legal principles
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, Tax Law, or equivalent degree
- 8-10 years of corporate and international tax experience; both in advisory and/or in-house roles within a multinational corporate tax department; ideally with the responsibility of head of tax role
- Excellent project management skills.
- Exposure to international tax structures, business models and global complexity
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to plan and execute at strategic and tactical levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, presentation and informal communication skills
- Proven ability to work across many departments with varying levels of staff and management to solve problems and achieve results
You’ll love working here because:
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams -- people you can be proud to work with!
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and inspire by action.
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team and leadership, and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all over the world.
- The perks. TaskRabbit offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation and holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning and development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly TaskRabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, free lunch, weekly meditations, charity events, and a dog-friendly office.
TaskRabbit is a task management network that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more. Acquired by IKEA Group - the world’s largest furniture retailer - in 2017, TaskRabbit operates in the United States, the United Kingdom and Canada and is expanding its global reach rapidly.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded in 2008 on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to three countries, 45 cities and over 140,000+ Taskers, yet our core mission has remained the same. We want to make everyday life easier for everyday people. And by doing that, we can make your neighborhood a little more familiar.
In 2017, TaskRabbit launched TaskRabbit for Good (TR4G), which connects neighbors to build sustainable and compassionate communities. TaskRabbit for Good was created to make it easier for neighbors to give back locally and make a positive impact in communities around the world. TaskRabbit donates a portion of its service fee from all TR4G initiatives to best-in-class local non-profit organizations tackling social and environmental challenges.
TaskRabbit’s headquarters is located in the heart of San Francisco, with two other offices in Austin, and London.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TaskRabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. TaskRabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
TaskRabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.